Tony Bellew says Tyson Fury is scared to fight him

Bear Hugger

Tony Bellew tells talkSPORT: Tyson Fury is scared to fight me - I punch harder than him.

Tony Bellew believes Tyson Fury of wary of facing him in the ring so early into his comeback, telling talkSPORT: ‘All he has over me is size’.

Fury is currently preparing for his first fight in over two years on June 9, where he will face Sefer Seferi – the 39-year-old Albanian whose last two bouts have been at cruiserweight.

Bellew had called out Fury for a potential all-British battle after beating David Haye for the second time in May, but the former heavyweight champion ruled out meeting the Liverpudlian in the ring, saying last week: ‘It would be like putting a pit bull against jack russell’.

Full article:

Tony Bellew tells talkSPORT: Tyson Fury is scared to fight me - I punch harder than him | talkSPORT

Re: Tony Bellew says Tyson Fury is scared to fight him

Looks like he doesn't want to retire. One last big pay day before he hangs his gloves up.

I think this is an interesting fight if it happens. Bellew has a lot of heart and isn't a bad boxer, but surely Fury would be too big for Bellew?

To my utter amazement, I'd actually like to see this fight.

Given Fury's lack of power, and Bellew's very decent ring generalship, I give Bellew a 50/50 chance.

Of course, he'll probably get paid to lay down, (just like Wlad, only without the promise of a lucrative trilogy :whistle: ) but one can dream ....

To my utter amazement, I'd actually like to see this fight.

Given Fury's lack of power, and Bellew's very decent ring generalship, I give Bellew a 50/50 chance.

Of course, he'll probably get paid to lay down, (just like Wlad, only without the promise of a lucrative trilogy :whistle: ) but one can dream ....

Fury doesn't lack power, only concussive power. He still hits harder than Bellew. ;-)

So does David Haye. :whistle:

Looking at the two fights you'd think Bellew was the big puncher with all the knockdowns.

I actually want to see Bellew-Fury, just to see how Bellew can handle Fury's size and style.

But how old is Haye. ;-) And how wasted.

True, but my point is that Bellew has gotten where he is right now, to a very large extent because of his underrated defense.

Fury's size may enable him to bully Bellew around the ring, maybe, but he certainly does NOT have the skills to win a clean UD.

If it becomes a wrestling mach, Fury can't lose.

If the ref keeps it a boxing match, Bellew has the advantage, IMO.

The thought of Tony Bellew being taken seriously has a HW really bugs me,

and the thought of Tyson Fury being taken seriously at ALL makes me near insane,

but I still really wanna' see this fight! :haha:

Edited by Cableaddict

True, but my point is that Bellew has gotten where he is right now, to a very large extent because of his underrated defense.

Fury's size may enable him to bully Bellew around the ring, maybe, but he certainly does NOT have the skills.

If it becomes a wrestling mach, Fury can't lose.

If the ref keeps it a boxing match, Bellew has the advantage, IMO.

The thought of Tony Bellew being taken seriously has a HW really bugs me,

and the thought of Tyson Fury being taken seriously at ALL makes me near insane,

but I still really wanna' see this fight! :haha:

I don't know...I think Fury's skills have been somewhat underestimated by many. Not that he's VERY skilled but he showed against Wladimir and a few others he can put his punches together well, esp for his size, and land cleanly. If he can do that to Bellew, he will stop him, 100% sure.