Matchroom boxing announce boxing's first billion dollar deal

Matchroom boxing announce boxing’s first billion dollar deal

Matchroom Boxing, a world leading boxing promoter, and Perform Group, the digital leader in global sports media, have today announced the creation of a landmark $1billion joint venture and the biggest-ever deal in boxing.

Matchroom boxing announce first billion dollar deal - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Matchroom boxing announce boxing's first billion dollar deal

Wow.

But I never heard of DAZN. Have any of you guys in the USA used it before for streaming?

I've heard of them but never bothered to try them(it's pronounced Da Zone, and therefore can fuck right off) Perform did the streaming for Worldsnooker for a while, and it was a bit hit and miss, though that may have been the atrocious website it was hosted on.

I know Americans traditionally have quite high disposable incomes, but surely this is just further market fragmentation and muddies the waters? Showtime, HBO, ESPN, DAZN - it's a fair chunk of change to be splashing out just for the boxing.

This is yet another example of what Matchroom does very well though - when the Hearns make a connection with a venue, a ticketing provider, sponsor etc. they really leverage the potential of that relationship.

I've heard of them but never bothered to try them(it's pronounced Da Zone, and therefore can fuck right off) Perform did the streaming for Worldsnooker for a while, and it was a bit hit and miss, though that may have been the atrocious website it was hosted on.

I know Americans traditionally have quite high disposable incomes, but surely this is just further market fragmentation and muddies the waters? Showtime, HBO, ESPN, DAZN - it's a fair chunk of change to be splashing out just for the boxing.

This is yet another example of what Matchroom does very well though - when the Hearns make a connection with a venue, a ticketing provider, sponsor etc. they really leverage the potential of that relationship.

You're correct, but if they get it right, with a nice pricing than current PPVs offerings, it could be the start of the future for sports streaming.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long to get here, with so many people watching illegal streams, there's a big demand for cheaper sports viewing.

You're correct, but if they get it right, with a nice pricing than current PPVs offerings, it could be the start of the future for sports streaming.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long to get here, with so many people watching illegal streams, there's a big demand for cheaper sports viewing.

With them spending 1 billion they will want to recuperate that back and more to make a profit.

That's 125m per year.

16 shows a year. So, that's 7.8m per show?

Hopefully my maths are right. Is he planning on making Joshua fight 16 times a year? :lol:

I can't see it be cheap streaming for the USA audience.

With them spending 1 billion they will want to recuperate that back and more to make a profit.

That's 125m per year.

16 shows a year. So, that's 7.8m per show?

Hopefully my maths are right. Is he planning on making Joshua fight 16 times a year? :lol:

I can't see it be cheap streaming for the USA audience.

In my mind, bring down PPV prices (or one off stream price) down by 20%, will up the numbers paying in by mulitple times.....surely the offshoot is more profit overall.....

But then I'm not a business man, and it's all just my opinion, rather than it being a factural occurance.

But I see so many people complaining about the costs of paying for boxing on the various networks, their subscriptions, tv subscriptions etc......loads just find free streams, which the TV companies are forever also fighting to get closed down. An ongoing, never ending battle.

In my mind, bring down PPV prices (or one off stream price) down by 20%, will up the numbers paying in by mulitple times.....surely the offshoot is more profit overall.....

But then I'm not a business man, and it's all just my opinion, rather than it being a factural occurance.

But I see so many people complaining about the costs of paying for boxing on the various networks, their subscriptions, tv subscriptions etc......loads just find free streams, which the TV companies are forever also fighting to get closed down. An ongoing, never ending battle.

With the amount of adverts that USA show, you'd think streaming would be cheaper.

Illegal streams will never end and they have gotten worse now that Youtube and Facebook allow streaming.