Eddie Hearn reveals plan to build world's largest boxing stable

Eddie Hearn reveals plan to build world’s largest boxing stable

Prominent British boxing promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing has revealed his plan to build the world’s largest boxing stable and it involves a conscious push into the American market.

Eddie Hearn reveals plan to build world’s largest boxing stable - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Eddie Hearn reveals plan to build world's largest boxing stable

Like alot of what he said and I think Eddie has alot to do with how successful british boxing is going atm.

Fly dig at Warren when he said: “I don’t think Matchroom is a competitor to Frank Warren. I think Cyclone and Hennessy Sports and people like that are competitors to Frank Warren. And then you’ve got the big boys, which is us, which is Top Rank, which is Golden Boy, which is Al Haymon.” It's true though and with the money Warren makes from BoxNation you'd think he'd try grow his stable more with big named fighters.

Fly dig at Warren when he said: “I don’t think Matchroom is a competitor to Frank Warren. I think Cyclone and Hennessy Sports and people like that are competitors to Frank Warren. And then you’ve got the big boys, which is us, which is Top Rank, which is Golden Boy, which is Al Haymon.” It's true though and with the money Warren makes from BoxNation you'd think he'd try grow his stable more with big named fighters.

You're assuming Frank gets much money from BoxNation, and that his expenses aren't massive. Remember he's not a shareholder in BN at all.

You're assuming Frank gets much money from BoxNation, and that his expenses aren't massive. Remember he's not a shareholder in BN at all.

Warren's reply

"We also took Warrington & Selby off him. So since working with BT we’ve competed with him for 4 world level fighters. Fury, Frampton, Selby & Warrington. All are with us! Its squeaky bum time, if AJ loses/leaves he‘ll disappear from boxing like his old man did."

It was great when Matchroom jumped in again under the guidance of Eddie and knocked smug twat Warren off his perch, but now he's become Slimey Eddie.

Think promotors can only really stay in favour for a short period before fans start to work out their priorities and their methods, and ultimately sneaky ways to make money out of their boxers.

He has pushed UK boxing up a notch though, and to be fair, in the early days when he was pushing Warren for competition he had to make some bold moves, offer some big contracts to the top fighters and take some meaningful risks with them!

He's surpassed Warren and generally the best prospects sign with him, and he has hit gold with Joshua.

Frank can argue the toss about those fighters he believes he has "won" over Eddie, but the reality is he is getting the scraps. Those who know they wont get as much focus as AJ and some of ther others Eddie is milking.

Hearn's endeavor into American boxing the last 2 times out weren't all that impressive. Crowd was very underwhelming for Jacobs vs Arias, and Jacobs vs Sulecki.