Daud Cino Yordan scores an important victory in Russia

BoztheMadman

The longtime contender at featherweight and now lightweight, Daud "Cino" Yordan of Indonesia, scored a big victory over previously undefeated Russian Pavel Melikov in Yekaterinburg, Russia. He stopped Melikov with a body shot in round 8. With that he won the WBO International lightweight title, as well as becoming the second in line to fight for the WBA title. Interesting to note is that of his 3 losses, one came due to having insomnia the night before (against Celestino Cabellero) and one due to him struggling to make the 126 limit (against Simpiwe Vetyeka). Only the loss to Chris John is "legit".

Re: Daud Cino Yordan scores an important victory in Russia

Little spoiler-ish title, isn't it? ;-)

Good fight. I'm actually surprised that two judges had Yordan ahead 68-64. It was closer to draw in my opinion. Malikov was landing some hard blows, too. Yordan seems to get closer to being mandatory challenger for Beltran. I think it'd be a great fight.

Re: Daud Cino Yordan scores an important victory in Russia

Little spoiler-ish title, isn't it? ;-)

Good fight. I'm actually surprised that two judges had Yordan ahead 68-64. It was closer to draw in my opinion. Malikov was landing some hard blows, too. Yordan seems to get closer to being mandatory challenger for Beltran. I think it'd be a great fight.

Arakawa wants a shot at Beltran too...then again any combination of those 3 would be bloody wonderful!