Is He Ready for Lomachenko? [SPOILERS]

The_budweiser

[h=2]Gervonta Davis Gets Back on Track with 3rd Round TKO Over Jesus Cuellar; Is He Ready for Lomachenko?[/h]It was vintage Gervonta Davis on Saturday night as the Baltimore, Maryland native scored an impressive 3rd round TKO over former featherweight champion Jesus Cuellar. With the win, the 23-year old Davis improves to 20-0 (19 KO’s) while also becoming champion for a second time by collecting the WBA junior lightweight championship.

Gervonta Davis Gets Back on Track with 3rd Round TKO Over Jesus Cuellar; Is He Ready for Lomachenko? - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is He Ready for Lomachenko? [spoilerS]

I'd love to see this one, but I just think that Davies' style may be perfect for Lomachenko. Davies is not excatly a pressure fighter as he likes to wait for throwing those big bombs. Loma is just too slick for losing the battle in the middle of the ring.

--- TUE will avoid that fight like he ducked Manny.

Davis a young and naturally talented ghetto youth easily influenced by the feudin thugs he runs with, TUE and Boner. Flashy KOs of overmatched opponents only go so far as pricey found out. Loma is a career wrecker best avoided, but for sure in the natural scheme of things, we could see the fight soon if TUE is willing to go up against arum as a promoter.

Not expecting to see the fight anytime soon, but I am seriously impressed with Davis. Has all the attributes, and really it's just down to how he copes with the money and fame, and those who he involves himself with and if surrounded by, which is something of a worry.

If he stays grounded and level headed and commited, not taking things for granted he could be a superstar and a fight with Loma in a few years down the line could be the biggest fight in boxing.

Now that Loma is fighting for the lightweight title, even if he doesn't beat Linares (which I doubt), it means he is pretty much planning to leave 130. I don't think Davis will be in a hurry to leave the division where he is currently thriving and wrecking havoc. But I'd love to see it happen.

Well, if Loma ever loses a fight, then takes 16 months off, then I guess Davis will be ready for him.

No wait - not unless Davis first becomes a legit light welter. Gotta have that size advantage.

And he'd better learn how to spell the word "defense," somewhere along the way.

Well, if Loma ever loses a fight, then takes 16 months off, then I guess Davis will be ready for him.

No wait - not unless Davis first becomes a legit light welter. Gotta have that size advantage.

And he'd better learn how to spell the word "defense," somewhere along the way.

Who says Loma is a light welter?