Being unbeaten does not make you the best. Rocky Marciano.

chaconfan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Being unbeaten does not make you the best. Rocky Marciano.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there are only 4 KO's by Frazier on film.

Foster

Mathis

Zyglwics

Ramos

Everyone else ended on their feet.

Daniels is borderline.

Well here's Frazier vs a guy called Memphis Al Jones, and I got that without trying

FRAZIER KOS JONES IN ROUND 1 - HD - Stock Footage

Didn't happen- he admits slightly widening the teartobuyabitmoretime,but apparently the unedited footage shows a delay of about 5 seconds, as the ref decided the glove didn't need replacing, and Ali is still using it in round 5. Cooper meanwhile spent the rest of his career claiming he was robbed.

That's not what I read. Where are you taking this from? Dundee pulled out a string from the glove and said it was damaged. Whatever...Cooper almost knocked out Ali, that IS a FACT. You Ali-huggers can argue about the glove incident, but had that punch landed earlier in the round, that would have been it for Ali.

That's not what I read. Where are you taking this from? Dundee pulled out a string from the glove and said it was damaged. Whatever...Cooper almost knocked out Ali, that IS a FACT. You Ali-huggers can argue about the glove incident, but had that punch landed earlier in the round, that would have been it for Ali.
Sorry Boz it's a myth perpetrated by Dundee

Counting down the Cooper-Ali fight - BBC News

Title holders who ended their career undefeated.

Jimmy Barry (59-0-9, 2 NC) - Bantamweight

Joe Calzaghe (46-0) SM + LH

Ji-Won Kim (16-0-2) - Super bantamweight

Michael Loewe (Mihai Leu) (28-0) - Welterweight

Ricardo López (51-0-1) - Minimumweight, junior flyweight

Terry Marsh (26-0-1) Jnr.Welterweight

Jack McAuliffe (30-0-5) - Lightweight

Sven Ottke (34-0) - Super Middleweight

Dmitry Pirog (20-0) Middleweight

Pichit Sitbangprachan (24-0) - Flyweight

Edwin Valero (27-0) - Super Featherweight & lightweight

By the way, I'm pretty sure there are only 4 KO's by Frazier on film.

Foster

Mathis

Zyglwics

Ramos

Everyone else ended on their feet.

Daniels is borderline.

--- Ramos was up on his feet and waved off the fight after his last KD, a TKO in the books. Dunno, but KO is supposed to be a ten count or otherwise when the ref tends to a fighter obviously out, but refs routinely mess up the call.

At any rate, during that golden period of youtube I mentioned, seemed like I spent the majority of the day scoring fights I never thought I'd ever be able to see. Say 365 days x 10 fights = 3650 fights I scored. Just about every K bros, Ali and Tyson fight, much of Frazier, maybe 10 partial fights of SRR at welter, going all the way back to 1897. Have you seen the Langford/Jeannette fight in Paris for the French sanction heavy title they stripped Jack Johnson of after he fought Battling Johnson for the title instead of Langford or Jeannette? Nobody knew it even existed until just a few years back.

That's not what I read. Where are you taking this from? Dundee pulled out a string from the glove and said it was damaged. Whatever...Cooper almost knocked out Ali, that IS a FACT..

He certainly did a lot of damage, but the only fact is he didn't knock him out - we can strongly suppose if it had been earlier in the round, he would have been done, but then Ali managed to get to his feet to beat the count, so who's to say he couldn't have clung on to survive the round, or managed a Corrales-style hail-Mary shot?

Well here's Frazier vs a guy called Memphis Al Jones, and I got that without trying

FRAZIER KOS JONES IN ROUND 1 - HD - Stock Footage

Ah, great call. Forgot about that one. Vicious body shot, great KO.

Makes me wish we had all these fighters earlier career fight films.

So I think that's 5.

Rocky has only 11 fights available. 6 ending with the other guy no being able to stand up.

Frazier has 22 fights, and 5 with the other guy not being able to get up.

That's my point.

Edited by reznick

--- Ramos was up on his feet and waved off the fight after his last KD, a TKO in the books. Dunno, but KO is supposed to be a ten count or otherwise when the ref tends to a fighter obviously out, but refs routinely mess up the call.

At any rate, during that golden period of youtube I mentioned, seemed like I spent the majority of the day scoring fights I never thought I'd ever be able to see. Say 365 days x 10 fights = 3650 fights I scored. Just about every K bros, Ali and Tyson fight, much of Frazier, maybe 10 partial fights of SRR at welter, going all the way back to 1897. Have you seen the Langford/Jeannette fight in Paris for the French sanction heavy title they stripped Jack Johnson of after he fought Battling Johnson for the title instead of Langford or Jeannette? Nobody knew it even existed until just a few years back.

Ah, so the total is back at 4.

Yes, that fight is amazing if you ask me! Langford had disgusting power for a man his size.

Because I've never bothered to find out, I thought we had most of Marciano and Frazier's careers on film. Seems odd that we don't really.

Yeah, it's really interesting when you think about the kinds of highlight reels we would have.

We only have 1/5th of Rockys knockouts, and he still had a stellar highlight reel.

Here is the description for just one of Marcainos fights we don't have:

Reynolds gave a very good account of himself. He clearly outfought Marciano in round one. The second round was a slugfest, and Marciano's powerful punches were slowing Bernie in the latter stages. Marciano came out to end it in round three but Reynolds was still punching strongly. A terrific right to the jaw which actually lifted Reynolds off of his feet ended it. The arena was a bedlam of excitement as the referee finished his count