Carl Froch

corgi321

I watched a video of Carl Froch vs Jermain Taylor. After the fight Froch issued a challenge to Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement. I hope for Carl's sake that Joe doesn't because he'd have a picnic exploiting Carl's non existent defence. Joe can also fight for 12 rounds not like Taylor who can only go for 6.

Carl needs to have a cold shower and get real.

Re: Carl Froch

I watched a video of Carl Froch vs Jermain Taylor. After the fight Froch issued a challenge to Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement. I hope for Carl's sake that Joe doesn't because he'd have a picnic exploiting Carl's non existent defence. Joe can also fight for 12 rounds not like Taylor who can only go for 6.

Carl needs to have a cold shower and get real.

with the super 6 on the go , i cant see this happening now, joe if he does come back it will prob be for 1 final farewell and a hand picked opponent for the money . carls got bigger things on his mind now , carl needs to beat kessler to show hes no 1 but i doubt it. my moneys on kessler to win the super 6

as for carls defence its a very good tactic as it opens up his opponents for the counter attack. but carl doesnt have the reflexes like naz/mayweather to make it more effective, and more often than not carl gets caught

Would Slappy have the power to hurt Carl though? Im not to sure he would. He's a tough nut Froch and has excellent stanima

i dont think calzaghe would have the power in a single shot to hurt froch , but i think calzaghe would hurt froch with the amout of combinations thrown bit like calzaghe v lacy , calzaghe hurts in numbers

Yeah but thats going back a while Bud.

Personaly i think Froch would hurt Joe. I dont claim to be the worlds biggest Froch fan either.

It would be a good fight though

the fights never going to happen , calzaghe is retired and is never going to come out of retirement to fight froch and risk his 100% record. froch is too dangerous for a ageing calzaghe

I'm a fan of Carl and have taken a lot of shit on various forums over me saying he will rule the division now that Joe has stepped down and retired...But to even suggest he is in the same league as Calzaghe and would hurt Joe is ridiculous...He made a career of not being hit and outworking his opponent 2 to 1 with a punch!!

Carl is a quality operator but he is'nt in the same league as Joe ....in fact....its Premier league vs Conference.

• 4 weeks later...

Froch talks a lot about his power, but he's not a 1 punch KO artist really, against Taylor he hit the kid about 15 times before the fight got stopped, AA hit him once clean last night and stretched him out.

I like Froch, he's gone about his business in the right way, I don't think he's ever avoided or backed down from anyone and I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to fight the best out there, in fact I'm all for it. The problem for Froch is that I think he could get a bit of a spanking against Kessler and Abraham, I hope he can up his game and make a real fight of it but after watching last night and against Pascal I'm not sure he can.

Takes too many shots to beat AA and MK

Good well written post Jab,

Before the fight at the weekend i was backing a Kessler v Froch final though do feel that AA would beat him as well.

I put the Taylor fight down to nerves, a one off etc though after Sat/Sun my mind is changing somewhat

Yeah but Mofo we're talking now not 2 years ago???

You still think joe and his brittle hands have still got what it takes?

You cannot realistically compare them now he's been retired a fair time, so I cannot see the point then!! For me you can only compare active fighters otherwise you might just aswell say Harrison is better than Ali!!