Louis Ortiz not going to be part of Alvarez-Khan Golden Boy Promotions undercard?

undisputedchamp

Oscar De La Hoya did say recently in an interview that he was going to try and secure a

meaningful heavyweight title fight for Luis Ortiz on the Alvarez-Khan undercard on 5/7/16

now that appears to be off? The pay per view portion of the under card appears to be now

finalized. What are your thoughts on the pay per view card Golden Boy has put together?

WBC/Ring Magazine Middleweight Championship

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Amir Khan

Middleweights 12 Rounds

David Lemieux vs. Glen "Jersey Boy" Tapia

Welterweights 12 Rounds

Mauricio "El Maestro" Herrera vs. Frankie Gomez

Middleweights 10 Rounds

Patrick Teixeira vs. Curtis Stevens

*card subject to change*

Re: Louis Ortiz not going to be part of Alvarez-Khan Golden Boy Promotions undercard?

I'm much more interested in Lemieux-Tapia than Lemieux-De La Rosa, so bring it !

Tapia may actually improve as a MW, not have to drain himself to death. Plus, he's had more time now with Freddy Roach. In fact he will have been training without an actual fight for an entire year. That means they've had a chance to develop new muscle memories, without getting derailed by actual bouts.

It's not exactly an important fight, though. But heck, if they actually did have Ortiz on that card, Canelo-Kahn could have been the UNDERcard. :laugh:

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Louis Ortiz not going to be part of Alvarez-Khan Golden Boy Promotions undercard?

I was actually looking forward to watching Lucas Matthysse vs. Mauricio Herrera I think that's

the match that would have stolen the show. Now Mauricio Herrera is fighting Frankie Gomez a

top Welterweight blue chip prospect he was actually scheduled to fight Humberto Soto instead

another Welterweight prospect promoted by Golden Boy Antonio Orozco ended up fighting him

instead. I should be a great match. I hope Frankie Gomez doesn't think he's going to be using

Mauricio Herrera as a "stepping stone" this will be his toughest test to see if he's ready for the

next level of boxing competition in his pro career. I'm rooting for Mauricio "El Mae'stro" Herrera.

I was actually looking forward to watching Lucas Matthysse vs. Mauricio Herrera I think that's

the match that would have stolen the show. Now Mauricio Herrera is fighting Frankie Gomez a

top Welterweight blue chip prospect he was actually scheduled to fight Humberto Soto instead

another Welterweight prospect promoted by Golden Boy Antonio Orozco ended up fighting him

instead. I should be a great match. I hope Frankie Gomez doesn't think he's going to be using

Mauricio Herrera as a "stepping stone" this will be his toughest test to see if he's ready for the

next level of boxing competition in his pro career. I'm rooting for Mauricio "El Mae'stro" Herrera.

Man, Mathysse - Herrera would have been a real cracker.

So many great fights have fallen apart this year, and it's only March.

Yes, Matthysse appears to have a serious eye injury worse than diagnosed before. That

would have a early FOTY candidate similar to Matthysse-Provodnikov from last year.

Man, Mathysse - Herrera would have been a real cracker.

So many great fights have fallen apart this year, and it's only March.