Why did Mike Tyson

EliteZ

Re: Why did Mike Tyson

I thought he was doing well in the rematch. He just lost control due to all the headbutting and dirty tactics of Holyfield.

Seems I can only make enemies on this forum, I end up getting into arguments with just about everyone on here, such biased unfairness and hate, driving me crazy!

I thought you were one of the guys I agreed with on here, but with this comment, it seems not.

Have you actually ever seen the fight? Only Tyson fans ever mention headbutts. The interviewer CLEARLY tells (and shows on the replays) Tyson, that it was he doing the leading with the head. What other "dirty tactics" are you referring to?

There was no talk in any boxing magazine of any butting, nor is there any footage or replay of any butting by Holyfield.

Furthermore, it was ok for Tyson to try to break Botha's arm, or to continually punch Savarese whilst the ref desperately tried to stop him, and to repeatedly punch Ruddock low, despite being warned and eventually docked for it.....oh and he still continued after the point deduction btw. Even if Evander had been butting him, he deserved it, but he definitely was not butting. He beat him fair and square.

Edited by chaconfan

Holyfield was also head butting him a lot. Tyson got frustrated that the ref was doing nothing, and his emotions got to the best of him.

The ref did nothing, because there was nothing wrong being done. Did you say that the ref did nothing when Tyson should have been DQ'd in the Botha, Ruddock, and Savarese fights?

Have you actually ever seen the fight? Only Tyson fans ever mention headbutts. The interviewer CLEARLY tells (and shows on the replays) Tyson, that it was he doing the leading with the head.

There was no talk in any boxing magazine of any butting, nor is there any footage or replay of any butting by Holyfield.

Furthermore, it was ok for Tyson to try to break Botha's arm, or to continually punch Savarese whilst the ref desperately tried to stop him, and to repeatedly punch Ruddock low, despite being warned and eventually docked for it.....oh and he still continued after the point deduction btw. Even if Evander had been butting him, he deserved it, but he definitely was not butting. He beat him fair and square.

--- Mike chomped a chunk because he was bipolar, on his meds as gentle as Mary's little lamb, and off as unpredictable as a wild beast.

He was controlled without meds under Cus and Jacobs by love, discipline, and education. Once they passed, King got his hooks in and it was all downhill.

The ref did nothing, because there was nothing wrong being done. Did you say that the ref did nothing when Tyson should have been DQ'd in the Botha, Ruddock, and Savarese fights?

Have you actually ever seen the fight? Only Tyson fans ever mention headbutts. The interviewer CLEARLY tells (and shows on the replays) Tyson, that it was he doing the leading with the head.

Holyfield even says so

Although he might just be saying that out of respect for Mike

Holyfield has become bankrupt. People he trusted, bought property in his name, without his consent, and he lost millions, but he says he holds no malice toward them. Tyson bit a piece of his ear off, then blamed his abhorrent behaviour on Holyfields dirty tactics, and even though the replays clearly show Tyson leaning right over, hoping to get the fight stopped on a cut, Holyfield still held no grudge.

This is a special guy. Not only is he the only four time heavyweight champ, but he should be the only five time champ, as he was robbed against Valuev. Not forgetting that this was the biggest weight discrepancy in boxing history. Add to these facts that he also never made a big fuss when he was blatantly robbed of an Olympic medal, or when he was docked a point for legitimately knocking down Ruiz with a body shot. He also was the first of the best ever American Olympic team to win a world title, and he did not find an easy champ to dethrone, and then went on to become the first undisputed cruiser champ. He deserves respect, and gets it massively from me. Tyson was a bully, inside and outside of the ring, and even though he was at a friends house, who lives around the corner from me, I did not bother going around to meet him, as I have no admiration for him whatsoever.

Holyfield even says so

Although he might just be saying that out of respect for Mike

I can post a picture of myself with Evander. I have spoken to him quite a lot, and he told me that Tysons fans are so convinced that Tyson could not be beaten by a washed up light heavy/cruiser, that they will come up with any excuse for his loss, just as they did when Douglas out boxed and counter punched him into the ground. They have now washed all Tysons fouls away from their memories, and have him as the poor victim. He said, he tells people he just gave the dirty fighter a bit of his own medicine, because it is better than people thinking that he is lying, because Tyson had way more fans, therefore more people would choose to believe Tyson than himself, but I will say once again, watch the interview with Jim Gray and you will hear him tell Mike, he was the one leading in, and then he shows the replay, which is CONCLUSIVE.

Holyfield has become bankrupt. People he trusted, bought property in his name, without his consent, and he lost millions, but he says he holds no malice toward them. Tyson bit a piece of his ear off, then blamed his abhorrent behaviour on Holyfields dirty tactics, and even though the replays clearly show Tyson leaning right over, hoping to get the fight stopped on a cut, Holyfield still held no grudge.

This is a special guy. Not only is he the only four time heavyweight champ, but he should be the only five time champ, as he was robbed against Valuev. Not forgetting that this was the biggest weight discrepancy in boxing history. Add to these facts that he also never made a big fuss when he was blatantly robbed of an Olympic medal, or when he was docked a point for legitimately knocking down Ruiz with a body shot. He also was the first of the best ever American Olympic team to win a world title, and he did not find an easy champ to dethrone, and then went on to become the first undisputed cruiser champ. He deserves respect, and gets it massively from me. Tyson was a bully, inside and outside of the ring, and even though he was at a friends house, who lives around the corner from me, I did not bother going around to meet him, as I have no admiration for him whatsoever.

It was clear Tyson was getting frustrated because the fight wasnt going to plan, however a big part of him blowing his top was because Evander was spoiling and leading with his head, let us not underestimate the effect this had on Mike before he blew his top!

It was clear Tyson was getting frustrated because the fight wasnt going to plan, however a big part of him blowing his top was because Evander was spoiling and leading with his head, let us not underestimate the effect this had on Mike before he blew his top!

What was clear, was that Tyson was getting frustrated. What is NOT clear is your interpretation of "spoiling" and "leading with the head". Yet again, I will say, go to the end of the fight, listen to Jim Gray, and watch him show replays that CLEARLY 100% show that it was Tyson leaning right across, hoping to clash heads, because he knew, he was going to get whupped again.

No one can show me any replay of Holyfield butting, specially intentionally.

What was clear, was that Tyson was getting frustrated. What is NOT clear is your interpretation of "spoiling" and "leading with the head". Yet again, I will say, go to the end of the fight, listen to Jim Gray, and watch him show replays that CLEARLY 100% show that it was Tyson leaning right across, hoping to clash heads, because he knew, he was going to get whupped again.

No one can show me any replay of Holyfield butting, specially intentionally.

Intentionally butting and leading with the head are two completely separate things; Evander was using his head to push away when Mike was getting close and then holding and hitting on the break. It is clear Mike was unable to break down Holy as he would have liked but that was partly down to the unfair tactics being employed!

What a no class animal tyson was. And to think people praise him like he's a god when he raped someone and bit a man's ear off. Don't get why he's even mention with heavyweights like ali,joe frazier, george foreman, joe louis, lennox lewis etc.... he lost his biggest fights! people watch him more in defeat (douglas, holyfield, lewis) then in winning, that's how you know he didn't beat anybody

Intentionally butting and leading with the head are two completely separate things; Evander was using his head to push away when Mike was getting close and then holding and hitting on the break. It is clear Mike was unable to break down Holy as he would have liked but that was partly down to the unfair tactics being employed!

Don't talk rubbish, there were no unfair tactics used WHATSOEVER. Tyson holds Holyfield and Holyfield tries to punch whilst being held. He also tries to break free of the arm clinches Tyson gets him in.

The only replays of anyone trying to butt are those of Tyson. When you fight someone shorter, you often tuck up and put your chin on your chest, this tilts your head forward, so if they are close, heads might clash, but Evander is always blamed by Tyson fans for butting his way to a win, and to this day, no one can post a single clip of an intentional Holyfield head butt.

They can however, post clips of Tyson trying to butt Evander, trying to break Botha's arm, trying to hurt Savarese whilst the ref desperately tries to stop him, trying to hit Tubbs, whilst he was clearly on his way to the canvas, plus biting Holyfields ear again, despite being told off the ref, do that again, and you are out of here, gloating that he had Biggs squealing in pain, telling us how he tried to (what amounts to) kill Jesse Ferguson, telling us how he wanted to eat Lewis's children, how he liked to hurt women, etc etc etc. People who have this guy as their boxing idol, absolutely amaze me.

What a no class animal tyson was. And to think people praise him like he's a god when he raped someone and bit a man's ear off. Don't get why he's even mention with heavyweights like ali,joe frazier, george foreman, joe louis, lennox lewis etc.... he lost his biggest fights! people watch him more in defeat (douglas, holyfield, lewis) then in winning, that's how you know he didn't beat anybody

Totally agree. I actually believe that the only good boxer he beat, was Tucker, and that wouldn't exactly make you a legend would it!

Don't talk rubbish, there were no unfair tactics used WHATSOEVER. Tyson holds Holyfield and Holyfield tries to punch whilst being held. He also tries to break free of the arm clinches Tyson gets him in.

The only replays of anyone trying to butt are those of Tyson. When you fight someone shorter, you often tuck up and put your chin on your chest, this tilts your head forward, so if they are close, heads might clash, but Evander is always blamed by Tyson fans for butting his way to a win, and to this day, no one can post a single clip of an intentional Holyfield head butt.

They can however, post clips of Tyson trying to butt Evander, trying to break Botha's arm, trying to hurt Savarese whilst the ref desperately tries to stop him, trying to hit Tubbs, whilst he was clearly on his way to the canvas, plus biting Holyfields ear again, despite being told off the ref, do that again, and you are out of here, gloating that he had Biggs squealing in pain, telling us how he tried to (what amounts to) kill Jesse Ferguson, telling us how he wanted to eat Lewis's children, how he liked to hurt women, etc etc etc. People who have this guy as their boxing idol, absolutely amaze me.

Mike was a troubled man and had many issues, he was clearly to blame for getting so irate that it culminated in the bite; but you are implying that Holy was cleaner than clean in the fight and that is absolute bollocks!

Mike was a troubled man and had many issues, he was clearly to blame for getting so irate that it culminated in the bite; but you are implying that Holy was cleaner than clean in the fight and that is absolute bollocks!

Boz where are you? Unedited swearing here! Oh I forgot, it is just me that you dock points for it, EVEN though mine was clearly edited.

I am not IMPLYING anything, I am saying point blank, there were no dirty tactics from Holyfield at all. Tyson was a bully and a dirty fighter, which can be easily proven. Face facts, watch the fight without bias, and see if you can find ANYTHING at all that you see, or that the commentators mention, in the U.S or U.K version....you won't find a thing, or a negative word spoken.

Boz where are you? Unedited swearing here! Oh I forgot, it is just me that you dock points for it, EVEN though mine was clearly edited.

I am not IMPLYING anything, I am saying point blank, there were no dirty tactics from Holyfield at all. Tyson was a bully and a dirty fighter, which can be easily proven. Face facts, watch the fight without bias, and see if you can find ANYTHING at all that you see, or that the commentators mention, in the U.S or U.K version....you won't find a thing, or a negative word spoken.

You clearly aren't a fan of Mike therefore you just as easily can be accused of bias, I watched the fight live, have watched the fight a couple of times since and highlights countless times with it being such a well known fight that ended in controversy and I can say having viewed it WITHOUT BIAS that Evander spoiled and fought dirty in the fight!!

Preach to someone else!!

@chaconfan Swearing such as this ("absolute bollocks") is allowed in threads - its a boxing forum ffs! Not mumsnet....

The only time you cant swear is if the swear words are deliberately aimed at someone as a personal insult.

I haven't seen the post where you swore, but If you have been Moderated by Boz and you don't agree with it, then ask him via PM to withdraw the punishment or elevate it to a Super Mod or Administrator via PM. :thumb:

You clearly aren't a fan of Mike therefore you just as easily can be accused of bias, I watched the fight live, have watched the fight a couple of times since and highlights countless times with it being such a well known fight that ended in controversy and I can say having viewed it WITHOUT BIAS that Evander spoiled and fought dirty in the fight!!

Preach to someone else!!

I was not preaching, I was stating facts. You OBVIOUSLY watched the fight as a Tyson fan, because no commentator mentioned ANY spoiling or dirty tactics by Evander. No replays were shown (no matter how many times you watch it) of anything resembling spoiling or dirty tactics by Holyfield, nor did ANY boxing publication mention ANYTHING wrong that Holyfield did. Face it your man was a thug inside and outside of the ring, and he got owned, by a washed up ex lightheavy/cruiser.

Manners, man, don't forget your manners. :ranger: Mofo was not swearing AT YOU, like you did at LRR when I slapped you a deduction. You are too old to be acting like this.