Kevin Mitchell retires

The_budweiser

Kevin Mitchell has just retired on Sky Sports News.

He said he doesn't enjoy hitting the punch bag anymore when he liked it previous, mentioned the diet and training, he wasn't enjoying boxing anymore.

He said he will offer advice to over boxers and will help out his x-trainer Tony Sims.

Fights 43

Wins 39

KO 29

Losses 4

Favourite Kevin Mitchell memory?

Re: Kevin Mitchell retires

Don't really have favourite memories, really liked him. Brave and determined, think bouts of inactivity told me he wasn't as dedicated as he should be. His eye in linares fight was horrific. Never achieved what I originally thought he would.

Correct decision after his last fight.

Don't really have favourite memories, really liked him. Brave and determined, think bouts of inactivity told me he wasn't as dedicated as he should be. His eye in linares fight was horrific. Never achieved what I originally thought he would.

Correct decision after his last fight.

I enjoyed his fight against the dangerous Breidis Prescott. He stuck to a game plan that night and executed it well. Shame he couldn't do the same inside and outside the ring in later fights.

I am like yourself Lynne, I thought he would of achieved more.

A wasted talent..

Wow...I guess that's reasonable, after the Linares fight it was clear his career couldn't really get much better. He was very capable and talented but obviously struggled with the mental part, crumbled too easily. But when he was at his best, he was great to watch. Against Murray, I expected Murray to win because of the Katsidis loss, but Mitchell really got an impressive victory there. Good luck to him, hope he stays clear of trouble in his retirement.

Just seen this on Twitter.

I remember going into the John Murray fight having just lost to Katsidis and Murray unbeaten. As a Manchester lad I was routing for Murray and thought he'd take it but Mitchell blitzed him! Shame he never had his head screwed on fully and had his issues, but he's had a decent career.

Official statement:

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Editing my link - cheeky shits :haha:

Really hope that someone close to Kevin tells him that the time is right for him to quit now. A great fighter and some good memories but he's at that moment in his career now where carrying on means risking serious damage being done.:ranger:

Was in attendance when he got past Carl Johanneson in 2008. Competitive fight. Mitchell shifted alot of tickets which is probably why he had so many opportunities. Fell apart against Burns and Katsidis. He had a good career overall and the writing was on the wall with his last two fights.

Was in attendance when he got past Carl Johanneson in 2008. Competitive fight. Mitchell shifted alot of tickets which is probably why he had so many opportunities. Fell apart against Burns and Katsidis. He had a good career overall and the writing was on the wall with his last two fights.

It's the right decision, incredibly tough but life goes on and when one door closes another always opens.

Should make a decent trainer to be fair, providing he stays fit and healthy. He can warn others of going off the boil like he did occassionally.

Kevin should make a really good trainer. His trainees will sure be lucky to have him as a trainer.