Arreola hit with 90-day suspension

selij

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XgQAAOSwpDdVZO2Q/s-l300.jpg

Heavyweight Chris Arreola tested positive for marijuana following his split-decision winagainst Travis Kauffman last December in San Antonio, Marshall Kauffman, the trainer and father of Travis, confirmed to RingTV. com on Monday night. The outcome has been changed to a no-decision.

The websites Boxingscene. com and ESPN. com reported that Arreola is serving a 90-day administrative suspension by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation retroactive from the date of the fight, Dec. 12, due to the failed test.

The bout between Arreola (36-4-1, 31 knockouts) and Kauffman (30-1, 22 KOs) served as the co-feature on a Premier Boxing Champions card on NBC at the AT&T Center in San Antonio and was hotly contested. Kauffman dropped Arreola in the third round and the two battled to a highly entertaining, controversial decision.

Arreola also tested positive for marijuana following a 2011 win against Friday Ahunanya that was also changed to a no-decision.

Source

Is this man nuts? This gear stays in your system for months....

Re: Arreola hit with 90-day suspension

What are the benefits selij of taking marijuana when training for a fight?

Dunno I'm not an expert on the stuff as I have never smoked, let alone taken this stuff. As I understand it though, it makes you lethargic so maybe the opposite to the effect you would want to achieve in a boxing duel, but its banned because of its hallucinogenic properties I would imagine. (?)

Dunno I'm not an expert on the stuff as I have never smoked, let alone taken this stuff. As I understand it though, it makes you lethargic so maybe the opposite to the effect you would want to achieve in a boxing duel, but its banned because of its hallucinogenic properties I would imagine. (?)

Only thing I can think of, is maybe speeds up your metabolism and helps with weight loss.

--- Yeah, his weight loss is dumping a couple dozen chili/cheese tacos and beers the next day.

Net gain of 5 lbs per day. Drug testing a joke as long as the USADA props up big money fighters for pay. Been warning everyone for several years, Tygart and TUE are far dirtier.

What are the benefits selij of taking marijuana when training for a fight?

I think marijuana can keep the body of the athlete more concentrated and thus easier to focus on his training and moves.

It can also be good for weight loss.

Marijuana is legal in quite a few states for medicinal use, and in I believe 5 states for recreational use.

Arreola has battled a bad drinking habit in the past, thought he cleaned up his act and was more serious. Guess thats not the case. At least Kauffman gets that L off his record.

90 days suspension is a little ridiculous for something so petty...guys are doing PEDS and they get a pass. I also agree that weed doesn't give you any advantages. I don't smoke but have tried it and all I got was a bigger appetite lol