Anthony Joshua - Who next?

WelshDevilRob

ANTHONY JOSHUA RESPONDS TO PARKER/MARTIN CALL OUTS, TALKS CANELO v KHAN & OPINION ON CONOR McGREGOR

Who next for Great Britain's next big hope? Anthony Joshua is 15-0, 15 KOs and scheduled to fight on 9th April, 2016 at O2 Arena (Millenium Dome), Greenwich, London. The video above is Anthony's response to recent calls from IBF Champion Charles Martin and fellow prospect Joshua Parker.

I like the way Joshua carries himself and he always talks alot of sense. His last fight did approx 450,000 PPV buys in the UK. He sells and that was against a fellow British prospect, who was relatively unknown.

Should Joshua take the IBF title shot or fight Parker? Who should he fight in April? What do you want to see him do?

Re: Anthony Joshua - Who next?

The guy doing the interview looks about 12. After clicking the link it says hes a 16-year-old amateur boxer.

I'd love him to fight Robert Helenius for the EBU (European) Heavyweight Title. I don't rate him that highly and I think Joshua would win the fight fairly comfortable.

I am looking forward to see who he fights next.

The guy doing the interview looks about 12. After clicking the link it says hes a 16-year-old amateur boxer.

I'd love him to fight Robert Helenius for the EBU (European) Heavyweight Title. I don't rate him that highly and I think Joshua would win the fight fairly comfortable.

I am looking forward to see who he fights next.

Yeah, I wondered who he was til watched the whole video. Yeah, he seemed abit unsure and nerous at the beginning but soon did great. Not easy interviewing people, must be worse in-front of a camera.

Helenius has given up the EBU title. Think Chisora vs Pulev is for the vacant EBU.

Great interview. I'm just happy that the heavyweight division is where it's at.

Obviously there have been much better eras, but things are starting to get exciting!!

We got:

Fury

Klitschko

Wilder

Joshua

Haye

Ortiz

and many others I'm probably forgetting.

BBC reporting it could be Martin for the title in April. I haven't watched the video above but in the past AJ has spoke about wanting to do the traditional British, European route first but if the opportunity arises you can't blame them for taking it up.

As an aside how come Fury has been stripped of titles whereas it never happened to Wlad. Did Wlad manage to actually fulfill the demands of each org separately or are they just being overly fussy with Fury because he isn't necessarily a "stand up guy" type and they don't want him as their champion? Not that any of these boxing orgs have any kind of morals in the first place.

As an aside how come Fury has been stripped of titles whereas it never happened to Wlad. Did Wlad manage to actually fulfill the demands of each org separately or are they just being overly fussy with Fury because he isn't necessarily a "stand up guy" type and they don't want him as their champion?

A little of both - Wlad got a bit more leeway once he became established but certainly fought his mandatories regularly, which is partly why some of the opponents were disappointing(Pianeta et al)

I think it's probably the case that the IBF saw the chance to make a quick buck and took it. Al Haymon's involvement is unlikely to be a coincidence.

AJ actually thinks he's at "world championship level?" Because.... because... because he just barely beat Dyllian White?

"Barely beat"? Apart from 30 seconds in the 2nd round it was pretty one sided with a conclusive knockout. I'm still on the fence on Joshua myself but your hatred is irrational. For me he's at least 3-4 learning fights from fighting for a world title. That said he'd beat Martin but where would he go after that? He's not ready for Fury, Klit, Wilder and Haye yet.

"Barely beat"? Apart from 30 seconds in the 2nd round it was pretty one sided with a conclusive knockout. I'm still on the fence on Joshua myself but your hatred is irrational. For me he's at least 3-4 learning fights from fighting for a world title. That said he'd beat Martin but where would he go after that? He's not ready for Fury, Klit, Wilder and Haye yet.

Mr Addict is another in a long line of fans who have to alter reality because it doesn't fit their requirements: Deontay Wilder is a deserving champion who beat sufficiently world-class fighters to prove he deserved his chance; Anthony Joshua keeps winning despite my dislike of him, but I'll convince myself he was lucky to make it this far and completely different to Wilder. I don't like Fury either, but he somehow managed to beat Klitschko - I'll just convince myself Klitschko threw the fight. Man, Joseph Parker is great huh? He's destroying these guys, a real threat to the division"

Aj seem so constructed not fake but built like Bruno was his fighting his chin every thing reminds me of Bruno especially watchin him against whyte. His head don't move neither his feet I think his days are limited he's exciting to watch fight for now but I think whyte will have a better career then Bruno Jr.;-)

A little of both - Wlad got a bit more leeway once he became established but certainly fought his mandatories regularly, which is partly why some of the opponents were disappointing(Pianeta et al)

I think it's probably the case that the IBF saw the chance to make a quick buck and took it. Al Haymon's involvement is unlikely to be a coincidence.

It was Kathy Duva/Main Events that forced the issue of Tyson Fury defending against the IBF mandatory.

Aj seem so constructed not fake but built like Bruno was his fighting his chin every thing reminds me of Bruno especially watchin him against whyte. His head don't move neither his feet I think his days are limited he's exciting to watch fight for now but I think whyte will have a better career then Bruno Jr.;-)

I agree. Whyte will have a better career then Bruno, but I believe both have a good career at the end of the day.