Bruno's license rejected but he could fight under a MBC licence

The_budweiser

British Boxing Board of Control would not license the veteran to fight.

However,

Bruno would be given the same consideration as any other fighter when applying for a license to box, according to the Malta Boxing Commission.

Bruno announced his intention to return to boxing despite being retired for almost twenty years.

Haye spoke about Bruno -

“If he feels he's got more to prove - if he wants to do it - if it give him a reason to get up in the morning - I know how was on some heavy drugs to get his mental state, anti-depressants, etc. Hopefully he can get rid of those and get in the gym get a routine”

“We're not going to try and put him in against any type of world killers. I wouldn't fight him, he's my hero - I remember staying up all night long watching him fight.

“I want him get in the ring with someone else who's 54 so he can have a fair fight. As long as it's regulated, as long as they're well screen medically before, during and after make sure everything is tip top, it gives him a reason to get up in the morning and fight - who are to tell another man he can't do it”

Re: Bruno's license rejected but he could fight under a MBC licence

Bruno on This Morning - 10 min interview

Frank Bruno on his battle with mental illness | Video Showcase | This Morning - Needs a Scottish Postcode - ML51DA

Frank Bruno on his battle with mental illness | Health | This Morning - - Needs an English (British) Postcode -

Edited by Cableaddict

Same day as this news was the fact Ellyas Pical was going to return to the ring at the age of 55...Pical seems to realise his limitations and will only be partaking in an exhibition, (2 rounds, 90 seconds each), maybe Frank should think about something like that rather than competitive fights

As with Ike Ibeabuchi, the man is quite clearly mentally ill and has no business being anywhere near a boxing ring. If either of those two get licenses and people prepared to profit from their returns to the ring, boxing can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1