GGG Career Prediction

reznick

I predict that when Golovkin retires, he will go down as an all time great. He's one of the best punchers I have seen in boxing, and I've viewed footage of all the great boxers of all time. GGG looks like a top 50 puncher of all time to me. Maybe even top 25.

He's very special. He needs big wins to solidify his greatness, but in my mind, nobody can stop him. Ward, Mayweather, Kovalev, Cotto, Canelo, they will all lose. Golovkin can shake you up with a jab. We still haven't seen a single boxer who really stood up to him.

Golovkin will go down in the same group of fighters as Robinson, Mayweather, Basilio, Walker, Ketchel, Greb, etc. He's just too damn good!

Re: GGG Career Prediction

I predict that when Golovkin retires, he will go down as an all time great.

He is 33 right now and he may retire in 3/4 years or so, maybe earlier. If the big fights don't happen then I think his ATG status will be affected. Was only 2/3 fights ago he fought Murray and Munroe Jr, far from ATG opposition.

He needs a TV company to back him up financially and make/push for the big names or he may retire with big question marks against him.

Great point. His main weakness is his age. But he had 4 stellar fights in 2015. If he can keep up the pace while climbing the ladder, he may be able to leave his mark after 4 years.

If only he started younger

Great point. His main weakness is his age. But he had 4 stellar fights in 2015. If he can keep up the pace while climbing the ladder, he may be able to leave his mark after 4 years.

Got to remember, he is talking about booking London for Eubank Jr or Saunders in 2016 recently, again hardly ATG opposition.

I'd like to see him fight Alvarez sometime this year.

--- Golovkin in a weak era of middles, so the best he can do is dominate and retire on top.

Trust me, some of those middles in the 50-70s would give him hell. Easy to look great against inferior opposition, see Ali vs Williams as case in point, often mentioned as his signature bout.

My prediction is that he'll move up to SMW by the end of this year, and wipe them all out.

Actually, My prediction is that he'll move up to SMW by the end of this year, and then be shamelessly ducked by all of THOSE guys as well.

Maybe Golovkin should just call out Stevenson. ;-)

--- Golovkin in a weak era of middles, so the best he can do is dominate and retire on top.

Trust me, some of those middles in the 50-70s would give him hell. Easy to look great against inferior opposition, see Ali vs Williams as case in point, often mentioned as his signature bout.

Williams was no bum. One of the hardest punchers of all time. I know that's not your point. And I agree with you. If you look at his track record, you can't call him great yet. But I can tell by watching him that he's special. I can tell he's unstoppable. Now the proof just needs to materialize!

He had three fights in 2015, and only the Lemieux fight was remotely in question, largely because we wondered if Lemiux might hit him back. It's bot Golovkin' fault, but his opposition is poor.

--- I agree that G despite his congenial bearing seems to be made of titanium and eager to fill in that invincible void that the public craves.

He and Kovalev and other foreign fighters just coming over to the US et al in hostile arenas to knock out the established fighters is greater than anything pampered babies like Ward or TUE ever accomplished. Hope they can maintain their 3 fight/yr schedule and retire modern day legends. We need more of them.

• 1 month later...

I predict that when Golovkin retires, he will go down as an all time great. He's one of the best punchers I have seen in boxing, and I've viewed footage of all the great boxers of all time. GGG looks like a top 50 puncher of all time to me. Maybe even top 25.

He's very special. He needs big wins to solidify his greatness, but in my mind, nobody can stop him. Ward, Mayweather, Kovalev, Cotto, Canelo, they will all lose. Golovkin can shake you up with a jab. We still haven't seen a single boxer who really stood up to him.

Golovkin will go down in the same group of fighters as Robinson, Mayweather, Basilio, Walker, Ketchel, Greb, etc. He's just too damn good!

Good you have you with us, Grennady :haha:

Seeing some on social media saying that Golovkin is overrated and hasn't beaten anyone. Hopefully this year bigger fights get made.

Easy for some to think when he hasn't had the chance to prove himself fully, I hope for bigger bouts aswell so GGG can show his true worth!

He can't have "KKK," though. That one is being reserved for Kovalev. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

"Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Kovalev said: 'It is a great honour to be the first man in history to simultaneously hold the titles of World Champion and Grand Wizard.'"