Kid Gavilan Highlights (HD)

reznick

Re: Kid Gavilan Highlights (HD)

--- Was hoping to get some good Sugar Ray footage out of it since those were the biggest fights the Kid fought and were highly disputed by their partisans.

What I recall about reviewing the footage that I watched was the difficulty in scoring the fight as they were both ultra cautious much like the Canelo/Cotto fight. Guess fights like that are destined to be controversial because of the corrupt nature of boxing and lack of a decent system of scoring fights as I have examined all these many years.

The Kid lived to a ripe old 77 which is a long time compared to most fighters. He was sorta picked out of poverty by Ali in time for the Liston rematch who used him and Stepin Fetchit as an additional gold mine of old school tricks. Interesting times with Ali claiming to have used Jack Johnson's "Anchor Punch" to dispatch Liston to much acclaim and disputation, a typical Ali fight in that regard. I'd pick the Kid to handle most welters today, but there's a few who could really take it to him, a decent era for welts overall for over a decade now.

Good show and thanks. Short clips can be quite gratifying.

Re: Kid Gavilan Highlights (HD)

No other than to do a search to see if they still exist.

For about a year I was spending 10-12 hrs a day scoring classic fight, but then you tube started shutting down accts, so be careful. Short clips appear to be ok, but full fights and the like seem problematic now.