Who should Haye fight next?

The_budweiser

Who should Haye fight next?

William Hill have made a list of who they think Haye will fight next.

Hayes Next Opponent:

Shannon Briggs 5/1

Alexander Ustinov 6/1

Bryant Jennings 6/1

Anthony Joshua 8/1

Fres Oquendo 8/1

Lucas Browne 10/1

Ruslan Chagaev 10/1

Carlos Takam 10/1

Joseph Parker 10/1

Steve Cunningham 10/1

David Price 10/1

Antonio Tarver 10/1

Tomasz Adamek 10/1

Edmund Gerber 12/1

Charles Martin 16/1

Wladimir Klitschko 20/1

Deontay Wilder 20/1

Tyson Fury 20/1

Re: Who should Haye fight next?

Who cares what David Hill thinks? He's just some bookie.

How does that have any relation to, you know, reality?

--------------------

Anyway, none of the top contenders is going to give Haye a chance right now. Why would they?

Haye needs a big name next, but someone who is himself desperate for a high-profile fight. So I'll say it again:

Louis Ortiz. :haha:

Edited by Cableaddict

Antonio Tarver would be a good move. Tarver is in with the TV companies and Haye would knock him the fuck out. Everyone would enjoy seeing Antonio sparked and the build-up would be loud. Tarver would crash to the floor like Roy did against Enzo.

Haye could beat-up on Steve Cunningham or Adamek - just for old Cruiserweight days. The division is open for Haye. Wilder ain't an option now cos of Povetkin and Fury has Klitschko but Chagaev/Brown and Martin are easily attainable - if in a mandatory position.

I don't think Haye would want a rematch with Chisora, and it wouldn't generate enough interest.

Didn't Haye just pack-out a fight against De Mori at the O2 arena? Chisora surely is an easier name to sell than De Mori? I think Hayes budget to who he fights next pretty much rests on if he can get a TV channel (not freeview) to pick up if not he will prob fight a fighter who won't ask for to much money which will result in roughly the same quality as De Mori.

And that's not mentioning 3 million tuned into Dave to watch his fight.

I thought the Fury V Chisora rematch was a hard sell, it was a boring fight. I'm using the same logic when considering a Haye rematch. He beat him easily first time around, unless it was close, I say why bother? Get Carl Thompson out of retirement, now I'd like to see that. :laugh:

I think Chisora is viewed these days (correctly) as damaged goods. I doubt he'd put more butts in seats, no matter how much he spits at the pressers.

But yeah, Haye has a tough path to travel right now. No serious contender has any reason to fight him. Ortiz would probably now decline an offer, since he's part of that silly WBA tournament. It's only the WBA, but there's a theoretical match with Tyson Fury down the line.

So now I'm thinking: Amir Mansour !

Was anyone NOT impressed with his performance against Breazeale? The guy is 97 years old, just "lost," and so is desperate for a high-profile fight as soon as possible. (As soon as his jaw heals.) - And he's now well-known by USA fans, as a tough, aggressive, high-action fighter. I think this would sell big-time, and US networks would likely be very interested.

Dereck Chisora is a no-go. Haye gets nothing from that. Chisora is lined-up for a European fight - Helenius has pulled out, which is probably more to do with the Sauerland's being involved. Anthony Joshua has been linked to Duhaupas - that could be for the vacant Euro belt.

David Haye will pick the right opponent in the rankings but I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up on a PBC show - he seems to have links.

Sure is. Good to see him fighting again soon.

It's only soon by his previous standards - over 4 months since he put in a minute's work against a guy who was there to lose; it's not like he's going to be fighting anyone of note this time, so why not fight in February or March, then again in May? Get on a couple of undercards. Oh but that wouldn't do would it? He might have to share the limelight then.

I wouldn't want to see another Haye / Chisora bought. I don't think it brings much interest....

Regarding the TV channel to broadcast...why wouldn't it run on Dave again? The numbers were there....Haye is a draw for the casuals who have access to Dave TV station. Dave would surely want another 3million viewers with which they can hike up their prices on adverts in this space, and offer Haye more money which he would likely demand knowing he brought those numbers last time round. Botht he station and Haye are good for each other in this scenario.

Shannon Briggs wants to fight David Haye in London

By Isaac Robinson

Shannon Briggs has thrown down the challenge to fellow former world heavyweight champion David Haye.

Briggs (59-6-1-KO52) is now 44 but has won eight on the trot - including six first-round stoppages - since losing a unanimous decision to Vitali Klitschko in 2010.

Haye (27-2-KO25) recently returned from a three-and-a-half year break from the sport but showed no ill effects in blasting Mark de Mori aside at The O2 in January and quickly announced his next bout will be on May 21.

And Briggs took to social media to make himself available, claiming: "Breaking news. I'm going to invade England!

"David Haye! Let's go champ! Let's go champ! Let's give the people what they want to see.

"I'm headed to the #UnitedKingdom to raise hell. If anyone in England's interested in helping me find an apartment or flat I'd appreciate it. Anyone interested in being in my camp when I get there email me... I'm looking for sparring as well."

The last time anyone was able to halt Briggs was way back in 1998, when then-WBC world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis stopped him in five rounds.

Source:

[url=http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10162355/shannon-briggs-wants-to-fight-david-haye-in-london]Shannon Briggs wants to fight David Haye in London | Boxing News | Sky Sports[/url]

That would be a good fight. Eddie has also been mentioned as an opponent for Anthony Joshua.

Eddy against either one of them will be an interesting fight.

Tarver would also be interesting to watch, tho I think Haye would get the win with not much difficulty.