Unexpected and bizzare outcomes of boxing matches

chaconfan

OK let us compile a list of all the unexpected, bizarre,controversial, ridiculous outcomes that you can recall.

Hopefully you will come up with some we have not seen, or have forgotten.

I will start it off with'

McCall v Lewis 2. The heavyweight champ inexplicably crying and walking through a massive punchers, punches, with no guard up.

Nunn v Kalambay A total non puncher knocking out a normally very sturdy fighter, in 1rd

Ali v Liston 2 A totally average puncher knocking out a very strong killing machine again in 1rd. Watch Liston v Williams 1 & 2 to see what shots Liston could take, off a big puncher.

Re: Unexpected and bizzare outcomes of boxing matches

Yes I remember him. It sounds ridiculous, but to those of you who are imagining him hopping around the ring, he actually wore a prosthetic.

There was actually a one armed boxer, but upon closer review, it turned out that he had a normal arm and a very short one. I forget his name, but I recall Ali being with him, whilst a profile was being done of the unlucky lad.

• 2 weeks later...

We could start a new thread. Ref's with an ulterior motive.

Who can find a worse ref than Roger Yanez. Watch his work in the Alex Garcia v Bernard Benton fight. It seems like he wants Benton dead.

In that case, that corrupt twat who ref'd Ottke-Reid. Two things stay in my mind. First the knock down that got Reid a point deduction and second the Ottke head butt that Reid got a warning for.

It didn't result in the outcome of a fight but Malignaggi getting his hair cut inside the ring was unexpected and bizarre.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_image_w768/public/Malignaggi-Ndou.jpg?itok=XbTkt-PD

Khan vs Prescott was very bizarre.

What was bizarre for me was the referee put the fighters life in danger, no way should Khan should have been allowed to continue after the chicken dance.

Have you ever seen the Garcia v Benton fight pal?