Flanagan vs Mathews - A Given?

selij

Flanagan vs Mathews - A Given?

http://static.boxrec.com/thumb/0/0f/Flanagan.Terry.JPG/200px-Flanagan.Terry.JPG

2016-02-13 sees the first major UK fight of the new year, and indeed, with 12 UK World champions, another UK-based world title fight. Does Derry have anything more than a puncher's chance vs Turbo in this WBO World Lightweight title? Or with Derry holding the interim WBA strap at this weight, if he wins this he'll have a very interesting 2016.

Personally I see a Flanagan mid-fight stoppage. What say you lads/ladettes?

Footnote: Flanagan's holding rivalled Wlad Klitschko's vs Ormond in the early stages. Even though Ormond's grandmother (who had been mainly responsible for his welfare and upbringing) - had died 2 days before the fight, his headbutting was childish. Ill-conceived and disgusting.

Flanagan Career Thread

Mathews Career Thread

Re: Flanagan vs Mathews - A Given?

I wasn't sure about Flanagan and the whole Sky hype of "next Ricky Hatton". The Diego Magdaleno result shocked me and Terry might be the goods. He should punch holes in Derry.

I don't know what's happening with Derry's WBA 'interim' status and at 32 I'm surprised he's still around - seemed finished years ago. Credit to him for getting back in the picture, after the Emiliano Marsili and Gavin Rees stoppage loses in 2012.

Punchers dent holes in Derry, so I'd expect Flanagan to win handidly. Any news on the undercard, cant see anything listed on Boxrec?