Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner

WelshDevilRob

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner

I don't think it's happening.........Broner's fighting London lad Ashley Theophane - Ashley tweeted this earlier " Just got off the phone with my advisor Dejuan Blake and Mayweather Promotions president Leonard Ellerbe. They told me Adrien Broner vs Ashley 'Treasure' Theophane is now official. Date and Venue to be announced soon."

--- Poor Khan, always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

He could've made more money than Bradley and had a chance to back up his lame bluster, but big fights seem to be beyond his ability to understand. He simply ain't a big a draw as he thinks and will better understand that when he's retired thinking of the big money he's passed on.

Seems it's Manny Pacquiao vs Tim Bradley 3 in April.

--- BTW, I responded to you 12/17 message, but the system says it was never sent. I seem to recall this happening before. Also, I seem to be blocked from chatterbox messaging. I can live without, but just saying there's something wrong with the system or maybe changes I'm not seeing.

--- Poor Khan, always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

He could've made more money than Bradley and had a chance to back up his lame bluster, but big fights seem to be beyond his ability to understand. He simply ain't a big a draw as he thinks and will better understand that when he's retired thinking of the big money he's passed on.

Eddie Hearn sounds like Khan vs Brook at Wembley is close to being done. Would make alot of money. Recent news is that Anthony Joshua made £3 million from his win over Dillian Whyte - not bad for a British title fight and what he could earn, in his career, is unthinkable.

Manny vs Bradley - not what I wanted but it's still a good fight. Manny not what he was and hasn't been for awhile.

Bob Arum talks.

On Broner

"I was very surprised. But you know, Mike (Koncz) is trying to figure out the best thing for Manny and he's not as conversant in the pay-per-view like we are," said Arum.

"We talk to all the distributors, to HBO and we figure out who is the best draw. We don't do this by the seat of our pants. But his idea was, 'Well, the kid has a big mouth,' but that doesn't sell pay-per-views."

"We had a real nice meeting with Michael and he understands. So we're going with the original group and we'll see where it goes from there." said Bob.

On Amir Khan

What [HBO] said was how Amir Khan didn’t resonate with them at all,” Arum explained to the Las Vegas Review Journal. “Yeah, he would do some pay-per-view business in England, but they didn’t think he was an attraction in the United States.”

"We all gave [Pacquiao] an input," Arum said. "From the cable companies, the satellite providers, MGM, it was about who is the strongest opponent from a marketable standpoint, and we outlined everything for him and we were down to three choices and [Pacquiao] thought Bradley was the one that made the most sense."

What [HBO] said was how Amir Khan didn’t resonate with them at all...Yeah, he would do some pay-per-view business in England, but they didn’t think he was an attraction in the United States.”

That's gonna sting.

I'm sure Arum knows his business better than I, but I cannot fathom who's going to buy Pacquiao-Bradley 3:

"Remember when nobody really thought I lost the first fight with that guy, and then I beat him again in another fairly ordinary fight? Well we're doing it again!"

"Uhhh, why?"

"Because....erm...hang on, I know this one..."

Edited by gavpowell

--- Exactly, there is message box displayed that pops up.

I can read messages and post in the forum. Even when I post a new topic it won't copy to chatbox.

We're talking about the "Chatterbox" that's in the General Section right? - This is the place where you can instant chat with others.................and if someone posts an article then a notification appears in the "chat" history saying that member has posted in World Boxing etc...........is that what's not appearing??

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to help you.........

Tracey

If so,