Julian Jackson v Thomas Hearns

chaconfan

Can there be a more guaranteed ko? I pick Jackson for these reasons. Hearns had a weaker chin. Jackson was an ex Jnr middle, (and washed up too) when he fought a guy who was intending to move up to light heavy (McClellan) and he still got up from massive punches. Tommy's losses to Hagler and Leonard were partly because he was too proud to hold. If he did not hold when tagged against Jackson, he would be flattened. Kinchen was not known as a puncher and in this bout Hearns did hold, but excessively. I think he would be a warrior against his former Kronk gym member and too proud again. If it was a boxing match, then Tommy would be a clear winner, but this never would be.

Re: Julian Jackson v Thomas Hearns

Yes I agree Hearns was the superior boxer, but Jackson was not only an extremely hard puncher, he also punched very fast, so if Barkley, Kinchen, Andries, Hagler could all catch him, then Julian most definitely would. Jackson was fast enough to catch Terry Norris, who was one of the best movers ever. There is definitely a chance for both guys to win by ko, but I think there would be only one winner if it went to points. Thankyou for your comment.

Edited by chaconfan

• 1 year later...

Re: Julian Jackson v Thomas Hearns

I think in a Hearns vs Jackson fight, Hearns is the likely favorite, but in no way is it an easy path. It would be a fight of who can land their bomb first wins, but not exactly a bombs away type fight, as Hearns, wary of Jackson’s vaunted power, would be cautious and use skill to set his bomb up, and take Jackson out. Hearns would have to fight a smart fight, and be cautious, if he goes to war, like he did with Hagler, he could be going to sleep.