Roach in Baguio for Pacquiao training camp

The_budweiser

MANILA - Hall of Fame coach Freddie Roach arrived in Baguio City on Tuesday to start Manny Pacquiao's rigid training for his November 14 title showdown with Puerto Rican champ Miguel Cotto.

Roach followed Pacquiao to the "City of Pines", where the Filipino kicked off his training camp on Monday.

Roach was accompanied by conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who has aided Pacquiao keep his punching power even as he moves to higher weight divisions.

Roach said he is all set to prepare and help the General Santos native win his seventh world title.

At stake in the November 14 bout is Cotto’s World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight crown. The World Boxing Council (WBC) also created a Diamond Belt for the fight, which will be fought at the 145-pound catch weight.

Roach said Pacquiao’s sparring partners will also be on their way to Baguio to join the Filipino’s training camp.

Pacquiao has allotted four weeks of training in the highlands of Baguio. The rest of his eight-week training camp will be spent in Roach’s Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California sometime in October.

“I'm expecting Cotto to be at his best,” Roach earlier said in a report posted on BoxingScene.com. “The biggest thing with Cotto is that he's a strong guy, but Manny's not going to stand in front of him and trade. I feel that we'll be able to expose Cotto. His skills aren't quite where they used to be and we're going to expose him."

“I’m training Manny not to get hit,” he added.

Pacquiao finds new jogging trail

The Filipino champ, meanwhile, found himself a more challenging jogging trail in Baguio City.

Pacquiao, who used to run in Griffin Park in Hollywood, California, said he needed a challenging jogging trail to build up his stamina.

“Talagang napakaimportante ng pagtakbo sa bundok kasi ang resistensya kasi ang pinagbabasehan sa laban eh,” he said.

Pacquiao started his eight-week training on Monday morning by jogging in Burnham Park. He then made 1,000 abdominal crunches.

Because he was working out in an open area, fans mobbed him while he was training.

After running, Pacquiao took a rest for a while then proceeded to the gym at his hotel where he will continue his training.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/22/09/roach-baguio-pacquiao-training-camp

It's good to see Pacquiao finally getting his ass in to gear. I read somewhere else that Roach has been surprised with how he's looked so far, and that he was in much better condition that he thought he would be in.

Cottos been in training for a while now hasnt he? That being said Manny has gone on record saying he needs to train for a certain amount of weeks (sorry cant remeber if it was 6 or 8) and if he trains any harder it has a negative effect on him.

As for the Roach comment i would of been amazed if he said Manny looking crap and im gonna have to work m nuts off to get him in shape lol.