Excited for Pacquiao-Mosley?

grapevine241

Excited for Pacquiao-Mosley?  

1. 1. Excited for Pacquiao-Mosley?

• Yes, I am excited for Pacquiao-Mosley.
    • No, I am NOT excited for Pacquiao-Mosley.

This is the first time I've been completely unexcited for a Pacquiao fight. The lowest point of excitement was probably the Clottey fight, which turned out to be a dud. But at least there was a small part of me that wanted to see it.

I don't know if its because Pacquiao's story has been retreaded too many times, Mosley is his usual boring self, Showtime/CBS have done a crap job with FightCamp360, or if this is just simply a pointless fight.

So, are you or are you not excited for Pacquiao vs. Mosley?

I'll be honest I expect Vazquez Jr v Arce to be the fight to remember from that night.

Loving the date though,

Koki Kameda v Daniel Diaz (WBA Bantamweight title), show includes Tomoki Kameda and brooklynbrawler's t=hotly tipped Masao Nakamamura

Germany has the Syvester v Geale fight (IBF Middleweight) and Eduard Gutknecht v Danny McIntosh (and Edmund Gerber v Carl "The Fridge" Baker)

We also have the Prizefighter that night as well...

Then the stuff in the US...

I'll be honest I expect Vazquez Jr v Arce to be the fight to remember from that night.

Loving the date though,

Koki Kameda v Daniel Diaz (WBA Bantamweight title), show includes Tomoki Kameda and brooklynbrawler's t=hotly tipped Masao Nakamamura

Germany has the Syvester v Geale fight (IBF Middleweight) and Eduard Gutknecht v Danny McIntosh (and Edmund Gerber v Carl "The Fridge" Baker)

Arce too small surely? Hes in for a beating.

Loving the date though,

Arce too small surely? Hes in for a beating.

Almost certainly...but since when was the Mexican Cowboy capable of being in a bad fight?...You know it's going to be an all out war for as long as it lasts.

A big fat no!

And I'm a Manny fan. I don't care for the hype line of maybe Mosley landing a big right like he did on Floyd, either. Or the fact that Mosley's being trained by the overrated Richardson.

This is a nothing fight that, but as an event, is quite big in terms of magnitude.

I for one, am pretty excited about this fight.

Who has ever seen Mosley being beaten to a pulp like Margarito was?

Who has ever seen him barely throwing or landing a punch in a fight like Clottey?

It's a rarity that he fails to trouble someone at least once in a fight.

He's faster than most of Manny's previous opponents, naturally bigger, and though age isn't on his side AND he's looked horrible in his past 2 fights, I think it is WAY too soon to say he's spent, just off the back of a fight or two.

It should be an interesting clash of styles and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Manny wins this.

It's probably the first fight Pacquiao has had in a while where almost noone is giving his opponent a chance.

I think that's a bit premature, and while Manny is undoubtedly the favourite, we've seen plenty of other favourites already failing this year already.

Mosley is more than capable of doing it, and tends to relish in the underdog tag.

It's probably the first fight Pacquiao has had in a while where almost noone is giving his opponent a chance.

I don't recall anyone gave Clottey a chance - I thought he was a respectable opponent because he'd been something of a tank vs Margarito et al, but nobody ever expected he'd win.

Come to that, did anyone really expect Margarito to win? I know I didn't - I even predicted a KO.

Mosley is over the hill, can't fight more than 5 minutes of a fight and is up against a guy who's not as small as is often made out and probably a damn sight faster.

If Mosley wins a round I'll be amazed.

i love mosley enough that i'll watch this online, but no way in hell do i pay for it. it's way too one sided despite the positive things shane can still bring to the table. maybe the boxing gods will give us an upset (if nothing else i'd like to see manny lose just for the uproar from the philipines) as they have many times already this year.

once soto-antillon 2 was called off there was no chance i'd buy this card.

i love mosley enough that i'll watch this online, but no way in hell do i pay for it. it's way too one sided despite the positive things shane can still bring to the table. maybe the boxing gods will give us an upset (if nothing else i'd like to see manny lose just for the uproar from the philipines) as they have many times already this year.

Not sure if you're in the UK but I'm pretty sure Sky Sports 1 is showing it.

I'm looking forward to it, yes. Y'all have pretty much already said what needs to be said about Mosley. Obviously Shane did not look good against Floyd or Sergio. But, lets face it, Manny wont present those kind of issues for Shane. A different set of problems, but I dont think finding Manny will be one of them. The old addage of a great fighter has one more great night could very well provide some intrigue here. Chances are, Mosley doesnt have the same pop and/or timing on his punches that it will take to execute his plan. Should be a fun fight as all Pacquiao fights are. Very much excited, yes.

Not sure if you're in the UK but I'm pretty sure Sky Sports 1 is showing it.

funny you mention it, in the fall i'll be moving out there, but now i'm US based (USA! USA!!! and what not)

sky sports seems to always carry the US ppvs for free, but i've heard sky is wicked expensive monthly

Yes, provided you don't intend to drive anywhere, don't smoke and don't want Sky, you can be a wealthy man here in Blighty.Although if you get too wealthy, you'll also be taxed at 50% of your earnings.

well i can't drive on the wrong side...er right side of the car and i don't smoke so i'll be..middle class? works for me i guess!

I'm looking forward to it, yes. Y'all have pretty much already said what needs to be said about Mosley. Obviously Shane did not look good against Floyd or Sergio. But, lets face it, Manny wont present those kind of issues for Shane. A different set of problems, but I dont think finding Manny will be one of them. The old addage of a great fighter has one more great night could very well provide some intrigue here. Chances are, Mosley doesnt have the same pop and/or timing on his punches that it will take to execute his plan. Should be a fun fight as all Pacquiao fights are. Very much excited, yes.

Tim-

My thinking as far as the old adage is that maybe Mosley already used up his "one more great night" when he beat up on Margarito.

I think were all writing off Mosley a little to much here, dont get me wrong I see Pac beating him but I also see Shane Having his moments.

But am I excited? No, ill sky+ it and watch it in the morning

I agree with this Siren, however, to what degree will Shane have those moments? That is what I'm wondering. Can he win rounds or just fight in spots, being competitive IN rounds but not winning them?

I wouldn't say i'm excited by it as i was for his trilogy with Morales or fights against Hatton and Cotto. But, i'm looking forward to it. Not the greatest match up by any means though.

I think we could actually see Mosley being stopped for the first time. He's well past his best, Pacquiao is in his prime and Pacquiao has a knack for stopping guys for the first time in their careers (Barrera, Morales) or beating them worse than anyone else has (Oscar, Hatton). He can also take immovable objects and send them to the canvas (Barrera and Morales* had never visited the canvas and Cotto, JMM were sent flying around the ring several times each).

(*Morales was floored by Barrera in their first bout in round 12 but it was a controversial one. Some might say it was a slip or that their feet got tangled).