Latimore targets Williams for summer showdown & predicts

The_budweiser

ST. LOUIS (April 20, 2011) – Fresh off of his dominant victory by eight-round decision against veteran Dennis Sharpe last Saturday night on the Victor Ortiz-Andre Berto card at MGM Grand Theater at Foxwoods, International Boxing Federation #6-rated junior middleweight Deandre “The Bull” Latimore (22-3, 17 KOs) has targeted Paul “The Punisher” Williams for a summer showdown, predicting a career-defining win by knockout for himself.

Williams (39-2, 27 KOs), once known as the most avoided man in boxing, reportedly needs a solid opponent for his July 9 return on HBO, in which he will attempt to rebound from his devastating Knockout of the Year loss last November to Sergio Martinez. Latimore is more than up to filling that slot if Williams is truly serious.

“I will knockout Paul Williams,” Latimore confidently forecasted. “I take nothing away from him. He’s still one of the best fighters in the world but I’m near my prime and still getting better every day. It’s time for me to break through and beating Williams on HBO is the way to do that. I think me and Williams makes for a great TV fight, one that fans want to see, and it should be easy to make, too. I’m looking for a big opportunity on one of the major networks to showcase the new, complete Deadre Latimore. Williams says he is the most avoided fighter in boxing. Well, I’m not avoiding him, and he needs to put up or shut up. Let’s do it!”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/18376--latimore-targets-williams-for-summer-showdown-a-predicts-ko-victory.html#ixzz1K5HkJokm