Wlad v Haye Confirmed July 2nd in Hamburg

Jabandmove

David Haye's world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko will take place on 2 July in Hamburg - according to Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente.

After protracted negotiations, WBA champion Haye and IBF/WBO holder Klitschko agreed to fight last month with the venue and date undecided.

But Boente confirmed the 57,000-capacity Imtech Arena in Germany would stage the unification contest.

Haye, 30, has been training for the fight in Miami.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13140466.stm

Got on the case for travel, and all the cheap flights have long gone.

Even checked nearby airports, but no chance.

Pretty mince.

Looking at least 300 quid on flights to get there and back, lpus the cost of ticket, beers, hotel and food...will be an expensive weekend.

Never mind, I'll get there somehow.

Let's hope the tickets are reasonable... :P

Got on the case for travel, and all the cheap flights have long gone.

Even checked nearby airports, but no chance.

Pretty mince.

Looking at least 300 quid on flights to get there and back, lpus the cost of ticket, beers, hotel and food...will be an expensive weekend.

Never mind, I'll get there somehow.

Let's hope the tickets are reasonable... :P

Flights from Cardiff a month ago were £240 but that was a 2 flight trip. (stop in Holland).

Very pleased this has been announced, I was begining to wonder when we'd hear about a venue and finalised date! Was considering going to watch this but I really won't have the money to do so! Very sad :(

I too was considering going to this, and then two things happened:

I went to Klitschko v Chagaev and realised I was right all along about arenas being too big.

and then Haye signed for Audley and I decided he would never see a penny of my money ever again.

Having said that, I'm spending all my money on snooker tickets at the moment so probably couldn't afford to go anyway ;)

I wanna go to this aswell but only for really good tickets but the risk of something dodgy happening and we dont get the fight is worrying. I think I may have to settle for Froch vs Johnson in Atlantic city, cant see them 2 pulling out.

I went to Klitschko v Chagaev and realised I was right all along about arenas being too big.

and then Haye signed for Audley and I decided he would never see a penny of my money ever again.

Having said that, I'm spending all my money on snooker tickets at the moment so probably couldn't afford to go anyway ;)

I had a £40 ticket at the Millenium Stadium for Kessler vs Calzaghe and was a fantastic view. Stadiums seem good. Though, I paid £80 for Haye vs Enzo in the 02 and couldn't believe how close I was to the fight.

Maybe it depends on the arena and on your eyesight. I have to wear glasses for anything more than 4 feet away and we got cusiness-class seats at the Veltins arena in Gelsenkirchen, which were right near the top. The ring was a mile away and I had to watch 99% of the "action" on the big screens. I think that cost something stupid like 200 quid.

I had a £40 ticket at the Millenium Stadium for Kessler vs Calzaghe and was a fantastic view. Stadiums seem good. Though, I paid £80 for Haye vs Enzo in the 02 and couldn't believe how close I was to the fight.

That's great you went to the Haye vs Mack fight!!!

I actually saw you on the vid!!!

52 seconds into it (pause it) on the left hand side about the 13th row back your in a black suit! I swear its you! You're seated right above the only guy wearing a white shirt standing in the front row, right above his head. We see you Rob, with no pint in your hand and no cigs in your mouth. Not even waving. Spot light right behind you!

Can you confirm for us all if it was you or not?