Murray vs Mitchell is on

WelshDevilRob

Murray vs Mitchell is on

Promoter Frank Warren has announced a mouth-watering domestic showdown between British lightweights John Murray (31-0, 18 KOs) and Kevin Mitchell (31-1, 23 KOs). The bout is expected to land in London in the summer. “This is a real 50/50 match and I salute both guys for signing up for it,” said Warren. “I am working on a date and venue for the show and hope to announce this and, of course, a top quality undercard very soon.”

Murray: “I thought Mitchell had bottled it once and for all when he turned down the opportunity to fight me last month, but I am glad he has finally put pen to paper as this fight has been a long time coming and, apart from the world title, this is the only meaningful challenge left for me in the UK.”

Mitchell: “Murray’s done well but he hasn’t faced me yet and, if he had, we wouldn’t keep hearing about his unbeaten record, I was 31-0 too with more stoppages than him, until I lost out in my 32nd fight which he will too. Personally, I hope this fight takes place in the East End so I can show my legions of fans that last year was a one off an Kevin Mitchell is back.

Excellent news! A real good fight this one and a tough one to call. I like both fighters but being a Manchester lad I'll be rooting for Murray. I favour him slightly. but I would not at all be suprised if Mitchell pulled a win off here.

Really good fight and very much a 50-50 contest. I think Murray will start as a big favourite but i would say Mitchell is his toughest test to date and there will be big bragging rights to the winner. I would think Murray will win this but Mitchell won't want to suffer a 2nd big loss on the bounce and this would provide him with a stepping stone back to the big time.