Brazilian Athlete of the Year winner

The_budweiser

MIAMI (April 18, 2011) – Unbeaten Interim WBC Latino super middleweight and UNBC middleweight champion, Michael “The Brazilian Rocky” Oliveira (14-0, 11 KOs), received histhe Brazilian International Press Award’s 2010 Athlete of the Year Award last Saturday night in the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The 20-year-old Oliveira, rated No. 20 by the World Boxing Council, was the leading vote-getter for the second year in a row among a group of great nominated Brazilian athletes.

“I am honored to win this prestigious award for the second time,” Oliveira said. “I’d like to thank all my fans for supporting me with their votes. I represent all of the Brazilians living back home as well as those in the United States. Brazil is always No. 1 in my heart. We take all sports, especially boxing, serious but no matter what the final results, it always ends with Samba music and partying. There’s more to Brazilian sports than just soccer. I’m only 20 and hopefully I can keep winning this award for many years to come. I loved fighting at home in Brazil my last two fights and look forward to returning there this summer for my next fight.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/17700-michael-the-brazilian-rocky-oliveira-brazilian-athlete-of-the-year-winner.html#ixzz1JulshydD