Does Khan Move Up to Face Victor Ortiz for WBC Welterweight.

Johnny Walker

So often there is a fascinating ebb and flow to our sport. One bout falls through and another seems to take shape, for the most part, unanticipated by the general fan base.

Many think Khan is not long for the light welterweight ranks. Over the next several weeks we'll read more and more about just where Victor Ortiz goes from here. With Khan's lofty wish to take on Floyd Mayweather JR, and the unlikelihood of such a bout, or even one against Pacquiao. does Team Khan head north in 2011 in search of another title against Ortiz?

I don't see Maidana getting another shot at Khan, the only bout left for Amir is Timothy Bradley, and I'm not big on it actually coming off for a few reasons.

Say what we will about the likes of Khan, Ortiz, Berto......I find the prospect of a Khan/Ortiz match-up more likely and attractive than something along the lines of Khan/Berto.

I think it makes more sense for Khan to fight bradley to unify the division and see who is best at 140. I think the obvious match for Ortiz would be the revenge bout against the, thorn in his side, Marcos Maidana. It would probably be catch weight or something at 145 with maidana moving up but Victor looked huge, strong, and beastlike at 147. A good bout for Berto I believe would be against Shane Mosley, if shane loses against pacman, in the bout that was supposed to happen last year or possibly Mike Jones who is an up and comer. Khan moving up right now just doesn't seem like the right move for him, he and ortiz work out at the wild card alot and I am sure Roach would advise him otherwise for now.

Re: Does Khan Move Up to Face Victor Ortiz for WBC Welterwei

So often there is a fascinating ebb and flow to our sport. One bout falls through and another seems to take shape, for the most part, unanticipated by the general fan base.

Many think Khan is not long for the light welterweight ranks. Over the next several weeks we'll read more and more about just where Victor Ortiz goes from here. With Khan's lofty wish to take on Floyd Mayweather JR, and the unlikelihood of such a bout, or even one against Pacquiao. does Team Khan head north in 2011 in search of another title against Ortiz?

I don't see Maidana getting another shot at Khan, the only bout left for Amir is Timothy Bradley, and I'm not big on it actually coming off for a few reasons.

Say what we will about the likes of Khan, Ortiz, Berto......I find the prospect of a Khan/Ortiz match-up more likely and attractive than something along the lines of Khan/Berto.

I agree, it would be a barn burner!

Plus, they could hype it up using their amateur history together.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to see Khan in with Bradley next and then maybe step up to 147. A fight with Ortiz in a year or two would be great though. In the meantime, i'd like to see Ortiz fight Aydin next followed by Maidana or Berto rematches and then maybe Mike Jones.

i'm gonna look for bradley to take an easy fight for his next one since he's guaranteed some absurd amount for it, but due to the time difference, it will be paired on HBO with a khan fight.

this will help build bradley/khan proper-like (remember how big gamboa/lopez was after they shared a card?) and make for a huge fight in the fall.

ortiz will fight first his mandatory in selcuk aydin (spelling? fuck it. aydin will lose anyways). then aim for a big fight with one of The Two (aka pac/pbf).

look for ortiz/khan at 147 when ortiz/big two falls out.

that's a lot of predictions. am i a soothsayer? maybe. am i drunk? for sure. does one help the other? only time will tell.