Khan vs McCloskey Post fight Conference

Joe Ko

khans a classless prick and his 'mates' especially his brother are an even bigger bunch of cunts. I was starting not to mind Khan so much but I cant wait until someone sparks him cold now. Roll on Bradleys big bonce splitting his eyes open see how he copes then. Is he kidding himself "I would of stopped him in 2 more rounds" he coulnt lay a clean shot on him. McCloskey was expected to lose all along, but whilst he was in there I thought he made Khan look silly at times

khans a classless p**** and his 'mates' especially his brother are an even bigger bunch of cunts. I was starting not to mind Khan so much but I cant wait until someone sparks him cold now. Roll on Bradleys big bonce splitting his eyes open see how he copes then. Is he kidding himself "I would of stopped him in 2 more rounds" he coulnt lay a clean shot on him. McCloskey was expected to lose all along, but whilst he was in there I thought he made Khan look silly at times

Exactly how I feel, I liked Khan before this.

It's pretty obvious they ran when they had the chance because they want to focus on the likes of Bradley, Mayweather and maybe Ortiz.

A rematch is worthless, anyway, Paul never really won a round.

Did Maidana win a round in the opening 5 against Khan when they fought?...

Nope

It's pretty obvious they ran when they had the chance because they want to focus on the likes of Bradley, Mayweather and maybe Ortiz.

Nope

So you've just proved the argument for a rematch.

Nope

Right so either that fight doesn't warrant a rematch OR (as is the case I was making) Khan is a quick starter who has been proven to tire in the middle-later rounds. Just because a fighter doesn't win a round in the opening 6 it doesn't mean tat the final 6 would go the same way. Chris John dominated the 1st 6 against Juarez then did nothing for the final 6, we've seen fights change in the latter half...

Nope

So you've just proved the argument for a rematch.

Why should anyone be for a reamtch. It was a mismatch from the start. Light puncher chosen for Amir.

Nope

Right so either that fight doesn't warrant a rematch OR (as is the case I was making) Khan is a quick starter who has been proven to tire in the middle-later rounds. Just because a fighter doesn't win a round in the opening 6 it doesn't mean tat the final 6 would go the same way. Chris John dominated the 1st 6 against Juarez then did nothing for the final 6, we've seen fights change in the latter half...

So you think Mcloskey would have won?

Nope

So you think Mcloskey would have won?

Far from it, I do however feel that he would have made Khan look sillier than he had done. Khan had been missing with a hell of a lot of shots and looked tired and sloppy in the 6th, McCloskey would certainly have managed to take advantage of that and force the action more in the final 6 winning maybe 3 of the rounds and letting Khan himself prove plenty.

I think the fans were robbed by a very poor decision, I don't think Paul was victory bound, though I do feel Khan missed out on a chance to seem like a decent person in the interview. "I would have stopped him in 2 more rounds" was the biggest pile of shit I've heard from a fighter in a long time, including James Kirklands crap from the previous weekend...

Why should anyone be for a reamtch. It was a mismatch from the start. Light puncher chosen for Amir.

I wouldn't be any more interested in a rematch than I was in the original fight, but the argument they could make for a rematch is "I had my chance unfairly taken from me by the doctor's incompetence. Sure I hadn't won any of the 6 rounds but I might have won the other 6, might have knocked him out, he might have tired etc"

Watch Gomez v Khan.

It is shocking to see how little he has actually improved technique wise.

Not sure I agree with that, Siren, Roach has turned Khan into more of a patient counter puncher now. He couldn't counter punch Paul because there was nothing to counter, but he was doing it to Malignaggi and Maidana. He doesn't go rushing out into the centre anymore, either, and just go banging.

His footwork is shite, though, as well as his defense. Maidana caught him with easy uppercuts and he always found himself against the ropes.

Nope

To answer your question, Scott, no he didn't. But that's why he doesn't deserve a rematch. It wouldn't sell now, anyway.

And McCloskey doesn't possess heavy power like Maidana, who is quite capable of turning around a fight with one punch.