Berto vs Ortiz Fight report *Spoilers*

Skav

Considering the stigma attached to Ortiz dating back over eighteen months and his passive let-go-of-the-victory showing in his previous bout, his effort with Berto goes a heck of a long way towards reviving not only his career but his very image. It also serves as a shot in the arm of sorts for GB. It can be argued that there were no losers last night and I think both fighters gave us enough to want to see them again.

I like Victor Ortiz and his story. Credit to him for moving up and when it looked like he might capitulate, stepping to it.

Really impressed with Ortiz and I had a feeling he could do it.

Would love to see him vs Mayweather or Pacquiao, he deserves that.

Ortiz looks very tough to beat and move in weight has done wonders for him, Bertos a big punchers and Ortiz took his shots well and showed great heart and true grit, he didnt look like he would lose last night (eye of the tiger)

FOTY for me.

Siren, thanks!

Yeah, I was never fond of Ortiz ever since first watching him against Maidana. Him waving his hands to say that he didn't want to continue and then saying in the interview that he didn't have to ship them kind of heavy shots rubbed me the wrong way. Then there was the statement from him saying that there's more to life than boxing, which, to me, said volumes about his lack of passion.

But last night he seemed to want to prove a point, that he had what it took. Looking back, he may have had it more tougher with an opponent who had more variety in his skills because Ortiz's gameplan was a bit one dimensional ie just throwing wild hooks and uppercuts. So, we'll have to see how he handles somebody who can adapt.

I just hope he holds on to the title long enough so him and Khan get it on. What a fight that would be!

I think he knew that it was going to be his last chance for a very long time and fought as if his career depended on it.

Yeah, no doubt about that one. It's amazing what fighters can do when they realise they are on thin ice in the sport.

I did not think a Ortiz victory, in a peremptory manner, i'm surprise...I just saw the match, impressive Ortiz recital, stamina, punch, heart and a great desire to win..perfect night e much respect for Ortiz that has exorcised its demons..and has been able to grow after a defeat..

(Foty fight 2011)

No way is this fight of the year that Zazares fight beats this hands down although it was a wonderful fight.

Personally I am eating crow right now because I thought Berto would destroy him

When Manny Steward says "OMG" when I'm thinking it then its up there.

Concepcion vs Marquez was bad and this fight is upthere.

Gotta mention 6th round when Berto goes down, Steward "oh my god!!!!" very funny.

That was funny and I was lmao. he said something like that twice. He could not believe what he was seeing.

Also right after round one berto is on his stool and he says in very worried and shocked manner, said the f word. He was in for a long night.

He was spent and wanted none of it.

He can now go back to fighting tomatoe cans.

No way is this fight of the year that Zazares fight beats this hands down although it was a wonderful fight.

Thats the fight I meant rob, it was late and whiskey had flowed from 2pm

Maidana v Morales was thrilling as was Salido v Lopez for action. Problem with the Marquez/Concepcion fight for me is that Marquez was well ahead come the end of round 10, Maidana/Morales was always on a knife edge. Loved the Acosta v Rios fight as well, though that had the same problem as the Marquez fight imo.

I think the fight slowed down considerably and Berto was just looking to recover after the first six rounds.And I think besides a few moments that Ortiz prety much dominated the fight.

Not see Tyson-Marquez yet,but Morales and Maidana is still the best fight I've since this year - especially when you consider the circumstances.