UK PPV Fighters, who are they?

The_budweiser

Who do you recon are the UK PPV Fighters?

Khans recently was dumped by SKY TV and rightly so, with Primetime TV picking up Khans fight.

Froch for me with his recent fights is the only fighter who REALLY justifies PPV, and he doesn't get enough credit. Haye v Klitschko's i think represents PPV and possibly future Khan fights but right now i don't think Khan's PPV.

I would agree with the above but also Khan-Bradely is a nailed on PPV. Three belt in a reasonable division. Crazy to argue otherwise...

What actually justifies the PPV with Khan/Bradley, for me PPV shouldn't be about the fighters names but the fighters quality, yes fans will pay for stupid PPV's like Harrison/Haye but i don't see Khans fight with Bradley as PPV. Khan will just hit and run all night like he did v maidana and at times v McCloskey. I class PPV as exciting fights at the very top and for me currently Khan doesn't fit PPV v Bradley, but in future i think we will. To many TV company's are all about money rather than Quality and Entertaining fights for the fans.

I think it all depends on the type of match that is being made, not solely down to the type of fighters. I said before that it should involve elite fighters, but it all depends who THEY fight. Evidently, I mean, Khan is an exciting fighter. He can get hurt and come back to win. That thrills the fans. But when he's fighting Paul McCloskey, that's not PPV material.

British fighters *worthy* of PPV fights: Haye, Froch and Khan. In the future, it should be Degale and/or Groves. And perhaps Kell Brook.

I would agree with the above but also Khan-Bradely is a nailed on PPV. Three belt in a reasonable division. Crazy to argue otherwise...

What actually justifies the PPV with Khan/Bradley, for me PPV shouldn't be about the fighters names but the fighters quality, yes fans will pay for stupid PPV's like Harrison/Haye but i don't see Khans fight with Bradley as PPV. Khan will just hit and run all night like he did v maidana and at times v McCloskey. I class PPV as exciting fights at the very top and for me currently Khan doesn't fit PPV v Bradley, but in future i think we will. To many TV company's are all about money rather than Quality and Entertaining fights for the fans.

By that logic though some superb HOFers would barely qualify for PPV coverage. BHop is arguably less entertaining than Khan but a superb exponent of boxing. Seems unfair to say he isn't worthy of PPV.

Besides, it is a bit harsh to claim Khan ran all night vs Maidana. The fight was nominated as a FOTY practically across the board.

By that logic though some superb HOFers would barely qualify for PPV coverage. BHop is arguably less entertaining than Khan but a superb exponent of boxing. Seems unfair to say he isn't worthy of PPV.

Besides, it is a bit harsh to claim Khan ran all night vs Maidana. The fight was nominated as a FOTY practically across the board.

I don't think its that unfair we all know hes Chinny and he throws punches then runs now thanks to smart tactics from Roach. I said he ran all night but he did the majority of the fight. I just dont see Khan as ppv right now and i think that will show if Primetime release there sales figures.

I don't think its that unfair we all know hes Chinny and he throws punches then runs now thanks to smart tactics from Roach. I said he ran all night but he did the majority of the fight. I just dont see Khan as ppv right now and i think that will show if Primetime release there sales figures.

Fair enough though those figures will have to come with a number of major clauses attached. How many days did Primetime have to advertise the fight? Did Sky give any covergae to the fact that Khan would be fighting on PPV Primetime once they had pulled the plug (I honestly don't know, maybe they did)? It was hardly a standard PPV package...

Fair enough though those figures will have to come with a number of major clauses attached. How many days did Primetime have to advertise the fight? Did Sky give any covergae to the fact that Khan would be fighting on PPV Primetime once they had pulled the plug (I honestly don't know, maybe they did)? It was hardly a standard PPV package...

That's true they didn't have long to advertise it, but Khan promotions would have got it across the internet via press releases and google ads can be found everywhere. TV interviews radio interviews I'm not sure if the amount of time had a great impact on the figures

before a PPV i ask myself is it worth the $50-$55. the problem is most undercards in the U.S. have been terrible for years, so I usually cannot justify forking over that kind of money to see a one sided beatdown in the main event (like pacquiao vs. clottey/margarito) combined with a crap showcase undercard. golden boy is the one company that's starting to turn things around as their last few major PPV's have been quite good. whether that's intentional or just poor matchmaking for their up and coming fighters is another discussion lol.