Hennessy Sports win the rights to Tyson Fury vs Chisora

Loaded_Gloves

HENNESSY SPORTS WIN RIGHTS TO STAGE BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT SUPER FIGHT

Hennessy Sports are pleased to announce that yesterday at the British Boxing Board of Control's offices in Cardiff they outbid Frank Warren to stage the highly anticipated British Heavyweight title Super Fight between Tyson Fury and Champion Dereck Chisora.

Promoter Mick Hennessy said "I'm delighted to announce that Hennessy Sports have won the rights to stage this well talked about mega fight and as per BBBofC rules we will be announcing the date and venue for this contest within the next 14 days."

Tyson said "Del boy has got no excuses now, my promoter has just handed him by far the biggest purse of his career and if he pulls out of this fight now in my opinion he will prove himself to be a right plonker."

"The last time a heavyweight (Williams vs. Harrison) grudge match was fought for the British title it attracted over 8 million viewers on ITV1, only this is a much better fight than that one, between two undefeated hungry young heavyweights". added Fury.

http://www.hennessysports.com/news-1163.htm

It really depends what the rest of the card is like, but this is easily a main event fight on its own.

I think Sky would be interested in it.

The venue may cover the purses if it's big enough, but we'll see...

Would hope this is on ITV or a free to air channel to get some big viewing figures.

With big purses the chances may be slim though

The venue may cover the purses if it's big enough, but we'll see...

Would hope this is on ITV or a free to air channel to get some big viewing figures.

With big purses the chances may be slim though

Big purses for a domestic fight. I believe that could be covered by the venue and ITV no problem. But ITV seems to be pretty much out of boxing.

Re: Hennessy Sports win the rights to Tyson Fury vs Chisora

Anyone know what the bids were?

I'm thinking it would have got over £300,000?

"Mick Hennessy has won the rights to stage his man Tyson Fury’s British heavyweight title challenge to Dereck Chisora with a really heavy purse bid believed to be £300,000, a hundred grand more than rival promoter Frank Warren."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1378087/Carl-Froch-cash-Amir-Khans-Sky-KO--Jeff-Powells-boxing-column.html#ixzz1JxyPFSd2