David Haye ready for either Klitschko

WelshDevilRob

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye is happy for Vitali Klitschko to step in for brother Wladimir at just two weeks' notice.

Although Wladimir insists he will be ready to face Haye this summer, there are doubts over his fitness after he was twice forced to pull out of a bout with Dereck Chisora due to an abdominal injury.

Haye's preference is to take on Wladimir, who wears the WBO and IBF titles, but he is contracted to face either of the Ukrainian brothers, so Vitali could swoop in for the June 25 or July 2 date.

"I wouldn't really care about the notice, to be honest - I'd be in shape, training for a fight against Wladimir and if, for whatever reason, he pulls out then Vitali would only have a short period of notice as well," Haye told Sky Sports.

Meanwhile, Haye has suggested that Wladimir's height - he stands 6ft 7 - is the only reason he wears two heavyweight titles. "You can tell by the way he boxes that he's not a natural fighter," Haye said. "I'm sure if he was 6ft 3 and weighed 210 pounds, he wouldn't be a heavyweight champion."

Irrespective of who steps up this summer, Haye is intending to run the gauntlet of both Klitschkos before retiring from boxing in October.

Source:

www.skysports.com