WelshDevilRob

Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz - Who you got? *Spoilers*  

1. 1. Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz - Who you got? *Spoilers*

• Berto by KO
    • Ortiz by KO
    • Berto on points
    • Ortiz on points
    • Draw

This is a great match up and one that will delight the fans.

Really?!

I won't argue that it will make decent viewing, I'm sure it probably will. But a great match up!? This is a world title fight we are talking about and yet again Berto has been handed a very very soft defence.

What is it about Ortiz that makes you think he is worthy of a title shot at welterweight? That is what this is and therefore defines the quality of the matchup.

Ortiz comes into this having practically fallen apart against Peterson at a lower weight and being stopped by Maidana. He still doesn't have a defining win with those coming between his reversal and draw all coming against limited or washed up competitors. He'd be lucky to get a shot a LW let alone at welterweight.

At a point when Berto really should be stepping up and fighting the best in the division he is taking a step backwards with this fight.

Ortiz on points, Berto is actually smaller than Ortiz. I think Ortiz despite the Maidana loss, is still Berto's biggest challenge yet, I think Berto struggles and Ortiz pulls it off ina boring points decision

Yes, I've found that people saying Ortiz being the smaller guy is a bit puzzling. I've always heard Ortiz actually is bigger. In fact, I've heard that Ortiz has contemplated moving up.

Anyway, stylistically, this is a good match for the first 5 rounds. Ortiz has a shot in the first five, if it goes longer then Berto wins because Ortiz fades down the stretch as evidenced in his fights with Maidana and Peterson.

He needs to blow Berto away before he runs out of ideas like he did against Peterson and gets schooled.

Ortiz doesn't deserve this shot at all, though. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him pull it off, either!