Amir fight will not be on Sky Sports channels

Loaded_Gloves

Khan schedule changed

Amir Khan's upcoming defence of his WBA light-welterweight crown will not be shown on Sky Sports or Sky Box Office.

Khan, 24, is due to fight European champion Paul McCloskey on Saturday in Manchester.

But a spokesperson for Sky Sports confirmed: "Khan vs McCloskey will not be shown on Sky Box Office or any of the Sky Sports channels as it has not proved possible to reach an agreement on TV scheduling.

"Financial terms were agreed and a solution was offered for the fight to appear on Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports HD3 following the decision not to broadcast on Sky Box Office. It was not accepted.

"The Khan vs McCloskey bill had been announced as a Sky Box Office event two months ago. Since then there were several changes to the bill so we made the decision - before the main promotional campaign started and Sky customers booked the event - to give it to Sky Sports viewers."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6864054,00.html

Khan's shitting in his own nest by not accepting it on regular Sky Sports.

Shows his true colours also...

he's a greedy wanker who's thrown his toys out of the pram and shown his true colours all at once, as well as showing everybody what he thinks of his fans

cunt

Re: Amir fight will not be on Sky Sports channels

Team Khan on Sky Sports Split, Sky Says No To Bradley

Saj Mohamed, a member of Amir Khan's team and one of the boxer's closest friends, disclosed some of the details regarding the behind the scenes turmoil with Sky Sports. Khan's upcoming fight with Paul McCloskey, which is scheduled for Saturday at the MEN Arena in Manchester, was originally going to carried by Sky Sports Pay-Per-View. After numerous issues with the undercard, the network dropped Khan-McCloskey from their pay-per-view arm and reshuffled the fight to Sky Sports 3.

BoxingScene.com's Terry Dooley broke the story several days ago, that Khan's fight with McCloskey was going to bounce from Sky Sports and land on Primetime, which is a smaller pay-per-view outlet. The move to Primetime was later confirmed by Team Khan. The relationship between Khan and Sky Sports is now very strained, as Mohamed says the network is no longer interested in televising a possible 140-pound unification between Khan and WBO/WBC champion Timothy Bradley.

Saj Mohamed said - "[i'm] glad the fight is not on Sky Sports 3; it will be shown on pay-per-view on Primetime channel 480 on Sky. Sky Sports were only offering 100k - a million pound loss we were willing to take but Sky Sports 3? [We] tried getting it on ITV but they've got the football on. We were willing to accept 100k for Sky Sports 1, but Sky said no. Most people out there don't even have Sky Sports 3, you have to subscribe to Sky Sports to get it."

"We had great times with Sky, but since the Haye-Harrison fight, they want to dictate full shows and undercards, and if fighters pull out there is not much that we can do. Amir Khan is a pay-per-view fighter. Sky is showing Degale vs. Groves on pay-per-view - why not Khan - and Sky said they are not interested in the Bradley fight too."

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-khan-on-sky-sports-split-sky-says-no-bradley--37995

I can see having some reservations about McCloskey, but I thought Sky's comments about not being interested in a Bradley fight kind of sent the message that they're not that interested in doing a lot of business with Khan at this point....I mean, that's the biggest fight he could get at the moment (other than Pac or Mayweather, which has little chance of happening).

Because they are, basically. Booth has never managed anyone before nor that I'm aware of been sole trainer for anyone, and Amir's managed largely by family and friends of family - his dad effectively caused him to turn pro after kicking up a stink and pulling khan out of the world championships in a row over tickets.

True the fact is that Khan, Haye, Calzaghe have all gone about it wrong. Calzaghe in particular was an absolute fool. Haymaker promotions will fizzle out once Haye realises it will drain his money. Khan promotions is nothing more than 20 of Amirs friends and family who are being paid for god knows what.

Because they are, basically. Booth has never managed anyone before nor that I'm aware of been sole trainer for anyone, and Amir's managed largely by family and friends of family - his dad effectively caused him to turn pro after kicking up a stink and pulling khan out of the world championships in a row over tickets.

ahh interesting. that explains it mlol/

I don't like the set up or teams behind eitehr fighter. Booth is doing too many things at once though so far its worked.

i suppose its worked in the sense that it looks like klitschko-haye will happen next, but at what cost? haye's credibility has been obliterated over the past few years and he's certainly done nothing to enhance his legacy other than pick up a very lowly regarded paper title

ahh interesting. that explains it mlol/

I don't like the set up or teams behind eitehr fighter. Booth is doing too many things at once though so far its worked.

i suppose its worked in the sense that it looks like klitschko-haye will happen next, but at what cost? haye's credibility has been obliterated over the past few years and he's certainly done nothing to enhance his legacy other than pick up a very lowly regarded paper title

Very true regarding Booth. Frank Maloney got pushed out and he had alot more experience in negotiating and managing. I am glad that the original Klitschko clash fell through as I always felt that Haye should copy Evander Holyfield and have a few fights before challenging the main man. Thats happened and they picked up a belt (bargaining chip) along the way. But negotiations have taken way too long and Haye hasn't been active enough plus his opposition has been poor.