Lemieux vs Rubio report: When a dream turns to a nightmare

The_budweiser

had to smile when i read the result, nothing like seeing the wheels come off, but i bet he will come out better for it in the end....

People taking a loss to serious, the majority of the best fighters all lose. And a loss can make a fighter a better fighter, it didn't do khan any real damage.

had to smile when i read the result, nothing like seeing the wheels come off, but i bet he will come out better for it in the end....

Ironjab-

Absolutely, and he's with a sharp guy in Russ Anber, who'll have him back in the gym this week and working on all those things necessary to get the wheels back on and locked in. Sometimes prospects lose to cagey veterans with a good punch, it's nothing that hasn't been overcome before....

I agree with Scott, Lemieux was caught with a freak punch. Kirkland's loss was telling but he was an accident waiting to happen as he never had a defense. He was lucky to get this far. He's always been ripe for straights. But being knocked down by that first little shot is puzzling, has his punch resistance waned that much?

I agree with Scott, Lemieux was caught with a freak punch. Kirkland's loss was telling but he was an accident waiting to happen as he never had a defense. He was lucky to get this far. He's always been ripe for straights. But being knocked down by that first little shot is puzzling, has his punch resistance waned that much?

I agree with Skav in that Kirkland's Defensive liabilities were always there but that the stays in the slammer and other career interruptions prevented them from being fully exploited. That being said, that first little tap that put him down couldn't break an egg, and if his resistance was that was weak then how is this the first KO loss?

Kirkland was getting beat up, he's talking rubbish if he thinks that fight shouldn't have been stopped. He was blown away. And frighteningly early in his career.

Yeah, but I never put much seriousness into statements by fighters after getting knocked out, I wouldn't give a nickle for any fighter who accepted it without trying to come up with some logical explanation (to them). I do agree with you that the Lemieux Ko is more easily explained away as just "one of those things".