Mike Tyson vs David Tua!!!!

edsel77x

I know a lot of you will try to eat my alive or have me eat my words...,

But, Tua wins by KO late rounds.

Tua had an uncanny ability to take shot and seem to not be affected by the blows.

He's war with Ike and how well he handled Lennox. Yes he lost be not like Mike Tyson. "Not a good comparison", you say. Mike was old. Yes he was but I don't think his combination punching would have bothered the Tuaman too much!

Tua was a monster in my eyes!!!

Loved seeing him take a shot! You could of drove a 1965 Lincoln Continental right into his chops and it wouldn't phase him!

Jeez Ike was big!!! Two guys like that just throwing punches like they were light-weights!!!

What do you think???

Both had the power and the chin. For me the difference is speed. Tyson threw shots in combinations alot quicker than Tua. Even though these two had tremendous power, I see a scrappy fight with both being rocked at times.

A points win for Mike Tyson.

PS: I scored the Ike vs Tua fight to Ibeabuchi - tremendous fight.

• 3 months later...
This is a fight i wanted to happen, along with Morrison/Tyson. It's a very hard one to call, if they fought 10 times i think Mike would win 8 of them, and there's no doubt there would be knockdowns galore.

Tua had an excellent chin and I really think he'd have been able to outlast Mike. If you could take it against Tyson then eventually you could wear him down. I think Tua, who had KO power that seemed to remain constant even into the later rounds (and often pulled him out of the fire in fights he was losing) could've taken Mike to the deep water and drown him.

• 3 weeks later...
This is a fight i wanted to happen, along with Morrison/Tyson. It's a very hard one to call, if they fought 10 times i think Mike would win 8 of them, and there's no doubt there would be knockdowns galore.

Tua had an excellent chin and I really think he'd have been able to outlast Mike. If you could take it against Tyson then eventually you could wear him down. I think Tua, who had KO power that seemed to remain constant even into the later rounds (and often pulled him out of the fire in fights he was losing) could've taken Mike to the deep water and drown him.

Good points Dave, i can definately see Tua winning a few if they were to fight numerous times, he was a machine also when at his best, the punches he was hitting Cameron with recently looked really painful.

Tua's never beaten anybody elite in his whole career. In my opinion the only elite fighter he actually faced was Lennox.

Tua would be out of his depth in this one. I'm not Tyson's biggest fan and i do think he is a bit overhyped compared to what he actually achieved in the sport, nonetheless i see him either stopping Tua mid to late rounds, or winning big on the cards. He threw too many combos compared to Tua who was content to wait for the big punch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...