Kell Brook now a free agent

WelshDevilRob

Brook is beyond Euro level imo already.

He looked a real gem in the making for a while, but unfortunately his career has been at a standstill for the best part of 3 years, and sadly, so has his progress.

I personally thought he would be a world champion by now, but if anything he's gone backwards.

A new promoter and newfound motivation are exactly what he needs to breather some life into his progress again...

He looked a real gem in the making for a while, but unfortunately his career has been at a standstill for the best part of 3 years, and sadly, so has his progress.

I personally thought he would be a world champion by now, but if anything he's gone backwards.

A new promoter and newfound motivation are exactly what he needs to breather some life into his progress again...

I think like you he's stalled, and although he was looking like he was on the fringes of world class he's fallen back to European standard.

He may well be 24 (25 in May) but Ortiz and Jones are only 27, as are Solomon and Aydin, Shawn Porter is 23, Wale Omotoso is 25...basically whilst he's still young so are so many others. No point in being young when your main rivals are the same age. I would fancy at least 10-15 WW's to beat him if they fought tomorrow.

I think like you he's stalled, and although he was looking like he was on the fringes of world class he's fallen back to European standard.

He may well be 24 (25 in May) but Ortiz and Jones are only 27, as are Solomon and Aydin, Shawn Porter is 23, Wale Omotoso is 25...basically whilst he's still young so are so many others. No point in being young when your main rivals are the same age. I would fancy at least 10-15 WW's to beat him if they fought tomorrow.

I agree and thats down to the poor opponents Frank has been putting in front of him, there is only so much you can learn in the gym.

However I have a feeling Brook expected a load of offers to fall into his lap, when quite frankly very few will because he is not a big name outside of hardcore UK fans. Can you really see TR or GBP taking him on?

I agree and thats down to the poor opponents Frank has been putting in front of him, there is only so much you can learn in the gym.

However I have a feeling Brook expected a load of offers to fall into his lap, when quite frankly very few will because he is not a big name outside of hardcore UK fans. Can you really see TR or GBP taking him on?

You've got a point because GBP tend to sign people based on their exposure/name/following, a lot moreso than their actual ability.

It's all about the money more than the talent for promoters, and while Brook has undoubtedly got the talent in there somewhere, it's going to take a lot of investment to turn him into a "cash cow."

I'm glad he's left Warren, smart move. Warren is good at getting a guy known, getting him decent fights in the beginning and then he wastes the guys talent. He's good for the first half of a guy's career and terrible with the second half. I'm glad Brook is exploring his options and a move to the USA would be perfect for him IMO. Not sure if Roach has room for him but there's plenty of trainers and promoters to look at.