Mayweather hit with $3.4m tax bill

WelshDevilRob

Mayweather hit with $3.4m tax bill

The troubles keep piling up for boxer Floyd Mayweather as the Internal Revenue Service in the US go after him for $3.4m in unpaid taxes.

The IRS filed a lien for $3,359,279 against Mayweather with the Clark County Recorder in Las Vegas, further adding to the undefeated fighter’s string of legal issues including domestic abuse charges, from an incident with the mother of his children, and a defamation lawsuit by Manny Pacquiao.

The amount the IRS is after is related to his earnings from 2009, when he came out of retirement to outclass Mexican great Juan Manuel Marquez, and earn a reported $25m.

This is not the first time Mayweather has been pursued by the taxman however, and in 2008 he was chased for double the current figure when another lien was filled against him for $6,165,735 from his 2007 earnings.

Since beating Shane Mosley in May of last year, Mayweather has by his own admission been taking time off, and appears to have spent most of his time shopping, placing bets and traveling. Boxing fans will be hoping the sum is large enough to force him back into the ring.

Source:

http://www.boxingfutures.com

I'd be gobsmacked if paying off 3.5 mill is an issue for Floyd. He's earnt 100s of millions in his career to date, it can't be all gone.

We'd have said the same about Tyson and Holyfield...Hearns is another who we would have thought would have been well off...

True but Floyd hasn't had rape convictions to contest 9and pay lawyers fees etc for) or countless divorces dividing his income.

We can equally compare him to Lewis or other fighters who are still sitting on a packet.

I'd be gobsmacked if paying off 3.5 mill is an issue for Floyd. He's earnt 100s of millions in his career to date, it can't be all gone.

We'd have said the same about Tyson and Holyfield...Hearns is another who we would have thought would have been well off...

True but Floyd hasn't had rape convictions to contest 9and pay lawyers fees etc for) or countless divorces dividing his income.

We can equally compare him to Lewis or other fighters who are still sitting on a packet.

He drops 5 figures on plenty of bets and almost certainly has to pay lawyers something for his impending criminal cases.

I wonder what odds he could get on him ending up bankrupt? Probably worth him putting a few dollars on it as an insurance policy. Maybe his easy attitude to money will be the thing to get him in with Pacquiao, that's if he doesn't go to prison of course.

If you've got the IRS on your Ass, how smart is to be posting his bragging photos of his Winning Betting Slips, is Floyd just SO STUPID that he doesn't realize you have to declare Gambling Income??? My guess is that he must be.

no shit!

Holyfield???

"They" all end up broke.

But Holyfield was the prime example of divorces, child benefit payments etc all destroying his income - Mayweather isn't married, so he just has the occasional messy court case to clear up.

Holyfield is in the same sentence.

Give a man who has lived impoverished his whole life and he will squander his earnings in a day.

I cant get over the pic! You look every bit the hacker guy look a like harry potter on your image thing posted picture thing signature, gav.