Concepcion vs Marquez Report *Spoilers*

WelshDevilRob

Marquez new WBA champion

Stops Concepcion in round 11 for flyweight belt

http://fightnews.com/Boxing/20110403tyson715.jpg

Photos: Rafael Soto/Zanfer

In a firefight, Hernan “Tyson” Marquez (30-2, 23 KOs) dethroned WBA flyweight champion Luis “El Nica” Concepcion (22-2, 17 KOs) on Saturday night at the Roberto Duran Arena in Panama. In a wild first first round both Marquez and Concepcion were on the deck. Concepcion had Marquez in trouble at the end of round two, but Marquez dropped Concepcion for a second time in round three. The back and forth action continued until round ten when Marquez dropped Concepcion again. The bout was stopped at the beginning of round eleven by the ringside physician. Marquez had entered the bout rated #9.

Source:

www.fightnews.com

• 4 weeks later...

great, great fight. it had nearly everything a FOTY needs: awesome action start to finish (ok more like start to round 6 or so), awesome crowd to spur on our ring heroes, and really fun sounding commentary even though i didn't understand a word of it! for the sake of Our Sport, i hope we get a better fight but this one was one to remember for sure

sometimes when i see a knockdown on box azteca i just expect to hear"GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" from the commentators.