Lopez talks Rafa rematch, Gamboa will have to be at 130!

RAZZ-MCFC

WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez appeared on PR Best Boxing's new series "A Puno Limpio" which is broadcast by Puerto Rican tv station WAPA. The main event resulted in a unanimous decision victory for Juan Mercedes over David Quijano in their super flyweight clash.

Between fights the announcers asked Lopez when did he think he would face WBA champion Yuriorkis Gamboa in a showdown. Lopez said, "The fight with Gamboa will happen in June of 2012 in New York."

By mentioning June Lopez thinks the fight will take place on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day parade in New York. That is a date that fellow Boricua Miguel Cotto has fought on many times in recent years and has drawn big crowds. Lopez also went on to say that the fight would take place in the super featherweight division.

"We will fight at 130 pounds. The rematch with (Rafael) Marquez will be my last fight at 126."

There have been talks of Lopez facing Marquez in July in a rematch of one of 2010's fight of the year candidates.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=37709

the title is messed up because the quote says the marquez rematch will be the last fight at 126.

it isn't it just wouldn't fit anymore words on so had to cut it short!

it originally said

'Lopez set on Rafa rematch/Gamboa fight will have to be at 130!'

I don't mind what weight the Lopez-Gamboa fight takes place at as long as both are happy with it. However, i'm not too sure what a rematch with Marquez is for. I didn't see Marquez do much to hurt Lopez in the first fight and i think Lopez wins the rematch quicker.