Froch desperate to have Johnson fight in Nottingham

Skav

I think Johnson would not be OK with it - he always bitches about being cheated by the jduges every time he loses a decision.

I'd love Froch to fight in Nottingham again though - I saw one of his early fights against Adamu and then when he won the title vs Pascal, so it'd be great to see him live again. Unlikely to be this time though.

As for the venue, nobody can blame Froch for wanting the fight in Nottingham. He's fought his last two abroad and also the Taylor fight. If he beats Johnson he will reach the final which will also be in the USA. This would mean 4 fights on the trot away from home. It's not exactly fair when his likely opponent in the final wouldn't have left the west coast during the tournament. Not just unfair on Froch but also unfair on his fans who have to travel around the World to see him. It isn't cheap.

Unlike supporting a football team in the UK where half of your teams' games (roughly) will be at home a boxers' bouts aren't guaranteed to be in his hometown, certainly not after his development period anyway.