Khans next fight

Faulks

Could of put this in Domestic but as Khan is now cough cough on the World stage i thought it would be better here

British boxer Amir Khan is set to make the first defence of his WBA light-welterweight title against Dmitriy Salita, BBC Sport understands.

Khan's promoter Frank Warren is in talks with Salita's camp and the fight is expected to happen on 5 December.

A venue for the clash is yet to be decided as Khan prepares to defend the title he won in July when he beat Andreas Kotelnik on points.

Ukrainian-born Salita is unbeaten in 31 fights and is the mandatory challenger.

The 27-year-old is nicknamed 'The Star of David' due to his Jewish roots and has 16 knockouts to his name.

Would this be a good fight for Khan?

He made his professional debut in 2001 and last fought in May, defeating American Raul Munoz on points.

"I know quite a lot about Khan. He was a good amateur and a very good technician for his age, so I expect a good fight," Salita told the Jewish Chronicle newspaper.

"He has good hand speed and movement, but there are holes in his defence and offence and I'm very confident of winning.

"I have never lost, while he was beaten quite recently, but let the best man win."

Khan, 22, defeated Ukrainian Kotelnik in Manchester with a fine performance and has lost only once in 22 professional fights.

That defeat came in September 2008 when he was knocked out inside the first minute of his WBO intercontinental lightweight title defence by Colombia's Breidis Prescott.

Bolton boxer Khan recently spoke about the possibility of fighting fellow Brit Ricky Hatton, while it was also rumoured that he was offered the chance to meet stablemate, and the recognised pound-for-pound best boxer in the world, Manny Pacquiao.

javascript:emoticon('warren//')

But it would appear that Khan has turned down those opportunities to make a mandatory defence against Salita.

Still dont believe he was ever going to fight Manny, purely as ive mentioned before why the hell would Manny want to? A lot more lucrative fights out there.

This is a fight the Bolton lad can win though IMO. Then again i cant see Fwank putting him in with someone he wasnt confident with.

Two quality opponents. Salita is the mandatory I believe while Maidana is the Interim champion.

I think Khan can beat both. Maidana brings power and a rugged style but he is defensively poor and pretty flat-footed. While it is a risky fight it is one Khan can win and look good doing so.

Hopefully, Team Khan and Warren don't give up the belt rather than face Maidana as has been rumoured.