Montiel v Donaire RBR/Spoilers

iamasadlittleboy

donaire is a killer, just as good as the darchinyan KO. now he has earned his P4P spot.

The keyword for me is "now", though he needs to keep this level of opposition. He's skilled but cannot go back to the Hernan Marquez's or Rafael Concepcions of the world.

yup, i agree. it would be a shame to go back to that. if hes staying at 118 then hes gotta fight the winner of agbeko-mares.

i see a mega $$$ deal by HBO for donaire

at least $1m a fight for donaire now , well thats what id be asking if im donaires manager

very doubtful he gets $1m for his next fight, he only got $350,000 for this fight.

the $1m is because i can see HBO offering a big contract to donaire as they will want to keep him on HBO

yes he should fight the winner of the agbeko - mares fight

It's harsh having your titles and status ripped away just like that, as Hatton and Montiel did, but that's the reality, sometimes.

It was a great performance by Donaire, and he sure deserves to be placed higher in the rankings.

His record didn't really suggest much in terms of quality opposition but he showed the difference in class last night.

Scott, I agree, Mora made a big screw up, for sure. He should have waved it off as soon as Montiel's legs were doing a chicken dance while he was laying down.

Terrible bit of refereeing!

Other results from the show.

In a rematch of their exciting battle which took place in November, unbeaten WBO #2, WBA #3, IBF #3, WBC #4 welterweight Mike Jones (24-0, 18 KOs) won a clear twelve round unanimous decision over WBC #9, IBF #14 Jesus Soto-Karass (24-6-3, 16 KOs). This time Jones didn’t punch himself out early and issued Soto-Karass a controlled, methodical beating. By round three, Soto-Karass was cut over both eyes and Jones was in command. Soto-Karass showed a lot of heart, but by the later rounds his face was a bloody mask. Jones won by scores of 115-113, 116-112, 117-111. Soto-Karass has never been stopped. Jones retained his NABO, NABA, and WBC Continental Americas belts.

Unbeaten junior lightweight Mickey Bey (16-0-1, 8 KOs) got the first blemish on his record with a sixth round majority draw against Jose Hernandez (10-4-1, 4 KOs). Scores were 76-76 twice and 78-74 for Bey.

Welterweight Mark Melligan (21-2, 14 KOs) won a ten round decision over Gabriel Martinez (27-2-1-1, 14 KOs). Scores were 99-91, 99-91, 98-92.

Welterweight Yordenis Ugas (6-0, 3 KOs) outpointed Carlos Musquez (3-4-3, 3 KOs) over six rounds by scores of 60-54, three times.

Unbeaten super lightweight Mike Alvarado (29-0, 21 KOs) scored a fourth round TKO Over Dean Harrison (16-5, 5 KOs). No knockdowns; Harrison’s corner asked the referee to stop the fight and Harrison didn’t come out for the 5th.

Source: Fightnews