Tyson Fury result

Skav

By Lee Skavydis

http://www.ringnews24.com/index.php/blog/35-demo-content/6546-fury-beats-nascimento-in-five.html#axzz1ERfYmlS0

British 6'9 heavyweight prospect, Tyson Fury took care of business tonight at Wembley Arena in London with a dominating fifth round stoppage of Brazilian, Marcelo Nascimento.

Nascimento started fast as soon as the bell rang, catching Fury with a stiff jab, however, Fury began to use his own jab, and hit him with right hands that quickly reddened Nascimento's face. Around the midway mark of the round, Fury caught his opponent with a flush right hook that sent Nascimento to the canvas. He rose, looking comfortable to continue.

In round 2 Fury controlled his opponent from the outside, jabbing him mercilessly, but also ocassionally working the body. Nascimento looked bemused as the round came to a close.

Round 3 saw Fury display more of the same, jabbing his game challenger. Nascimento did try to fight back, but only with wildly missing haymakers.

Tyson stepped up the pressure in round 4, quickly countering Nascimento's missing haymakers,and unloading huge right hooks on him but was still unable to move him.

The fifth round saw a conclusion to the fight as Fury stepped up the pressure even more, unloading right hook after right hook, and unwilling to stop until the hard hitting Nascimento hit the canvas. As the round came to a close, this became a reality as Fury caught the Brazilian with a huge right that knocked him to the canvas awkwardly, Nascimento first laying on his side, and then rapidly rolling on his stomach.

Paramedics immediately rushed into the ring to administer oxygen to him, and Nascimento was down for a few minutes until he regained his composure.

"He was a hard puncher. As soon as i hit him with that last punch, I knew it was goodnight. Derek Chisora has been avoiding me. Ask him why he doesn't want to fight me. I'm the only man who's game enough to fight anyone in the world." said Fury.

Asked whether he wanted to fight for the European title, Fury stated: " I don't want the european title. I was born here, I live here, I'm British. Why should I fight for that?

A few moments later, Tyson Fury's promoter, Mick Hennessy made it clear that his confidence is high in his charge.

"He's going to win the heavyweight title, no problem!"

Thanks for the speedy report Lee - much appreciated.

This quote made me laugh: "I don't want the european title. I was born here, I live here, I'm British. Why should I fight for that? ".

Education must have been missing from Fury's early years. grin//

Aye, but the full quote, was along the lines that he wanted to do it the old fashioned way and win the British title, then the European, and then top it off at the world level when he's made it to being mandatory...

He was basically having a pop at Chisora for refusing to face him or vacate the British title in the meantime, and fast tracking via a voluntary shot for the world title!

Some punch to finish it off. Action reel stuff...probably one of the best I've seen in a while.

Thanks for the speedy report Lee - much appreciated.

This quote made me laugh: "I don't want the european title. I was born here, I live here, I'm British. Why should I fight for that? ".

Education must have been missing from Fury's early years. grin//

Aye, but the full quote, was along the lines that he wanted to do it the old fashioned way and win the British title, then the European, and then top it off at the world level when he's made it to being mandatory...

He was basically having a pop at Chisora for refusing to face him or vacate the British title in the meantime, and fast tracking via a voluntary shot!

Some punch to finish it off. Action reel stuff...probably one of the best I've seen in a while.

Ah fair enough though he can hardly criticise Chisora for taking his chance at the big time especially when Fury posted a £10,000 pound reward for an opponent to survive sparring and Dereck happily said to fight instead - the Fury camp then said they had commitments in the US (which didn't happen).

Sounds a decent win tonight against an undefeated puncher. Brazilian was limited but seemed to have power and its a good win at this stage for Tyson.

He wasn't criticising Chisora for taking the world title shot, I think it was more the fact he's then had a hold of the Lonsdale Belt for over a year without a defence, when he could have got in there.

They interviewed Chisora afterwards though (he was at the fight) and he rightfully said he's got no intentions of giving it up, even if he wins the world title.

He wasn't criticising Chisora for taking the world title shot, I think it was more the fact he's then had a hold of the Lonsdale Belt for over a year without a defence, when he could have got in there.

They interviewed Chisora afterwards though (he was at the fight) and he rightfully said he's got no intentions of giving it up, even if he wins the world title.

A Year without a defence is wrong though the Klitschko fight coming up and cancelled had a bit to do with the length of time. I don't think Fury was actively seeking a fight with Chisora at that time period but now he must be.

Great quick write up.

Ive always liked Fury, it was an entertaining fight and funny interview.

"David No Chin Price, Tom Dallas the wooden plank" lmao

I wanted to include that quote in my article but it was difficult writing that one on the spot.

I'm basically writing down quotes in wordpad as the interviews go along, so apologies for missing out particular words.

It was a great performance by Fury, he has a decent jab and is not a bad counter puncher either...for a novice.

I'm not his biggest fan but people like to criticise him for his shape, however, he hasn't the body frame to get a 6 pack.

A Year without a defence is wrong though the Klitschko fight coming up and cancelled had a bit to do with the length of time. I don't think Fury was actively seeking a fight with Chisora at that time period but now he must be.

Yeah Fury is the mandatory for the Lonsdale Belt...

After the ko last night people are starting to get behind him. I honestly think he would beat Price, Dallas and Chisora.

People are overating Chisora because he some how got a world title shot.

We have some great fighters on the British heavyweight scene.

Price and Dallas are pretty good fighters, and after Olubamiwo was exposed against McDermott, we still have at least 4 guys who could produce some stunning bouts.

It's been a long time brewing (I think I wrote an article on the British heavyweights a good year ago with all these guys included) but I still think Dallas is one to watch, although Fury is somewhat right about him being "a plank" given he's pretty upright, and is reasonably easy to catch still.

Has a cracking range of punches though, and won't be as easy a nights work as Fury had against the Brazilian...

After the ko last night people are starting to get behind him. I honestly think he would beat Price, Dallas and Chisora.

People are overating Chisora because he some how got a world title shot.

We have some great fighters on the British heavyweight scene.

Price and Dallas are pretty good fighters, and after Olubamiwo was exposed against McDermott, we still have at least 4 guys who could produce some stunning bouts.

It's been a long time brewing (I think I wrote an article on the British heavyweights a good year ago with all these guys included) but I still think Dallas is one to watch, although Fury is somewhat right about him being "a plank" given he's pretty upright, and is reasonably easy to catch still.

Has a cracking range of punches though, and won't be as easy a nights work as Fury had against the Brazilian...

Dallas may be better than Price because I do think Price's chin isnt up to scratch (he was out on his feet in his pro debut, cant find that fight though)

Dallas is from Chatham were I use to live, I just think Fury is the better prospect because of his age 22 and the fact he is near same abilty aswell.

Also Sexton, Sprott, Towers and Rogan are decent tests for all of then,

Liked the look of Fury on Sat, yes he's still a bit rough but you could see an improvement now he's got Steward in his corner. Also his conditioning was better i though, aginst JM he looked terrible and was blowing out of his ass.

Be interesting to see where he goes from here

Liked the look of Fury on Sat, yes he's still a bit rough but you could see an improvement now he's got Steward in his corner. Also his conditioning was better i though, aginst JM he looked terrible and was blowing out of his ass.

Gotta be honest, I think Sky's lights were being a problem. McDermott looked spent after 6 rounds, Ian Napa quit his fight or two earlier...

Gotta be honest, I think Sky's lights were being a problem. McDermott looked spent after 6 rounds, Ian Napa quit his fight or two earlier...

Agree to a certain extent as they both said that after the fight. Fury has hardly ever looked conditioned though has he :)

He was almost a stone lighter as well on Sat wasnt he?