David Haye willing to face either Klitschko in the fall

WelshDevilRob

David Haye willing to face either Klitschko in the fall

By Mark Vester

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye is ready to fight WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in the fall. Haye is going to make a mandatory defense of his title on May 21 in England. The opponent will likely end up as either Ruslan Chagaev or Alexander Povetkin. Following the May defense, Haye is considering the option of one more fight in the fall and then he wants to retire from boxing.

He doesn't care whether it's Wladimir, or WBC champion Vitali Klitschko, but it's obvious that he prefers the younger of the two brothers. The Klitschkos already have fights lined up in the next two months, and a contract is signed for one of them to fight Tomasz Adamek in September. Vitali faces Odlanier Solis next month, and Wladimir takes on Dereck Chisora in April.

"In an ideal world and if I could have my crystal ball and change people's opinions and minds and get Wladmir's people to do what I want them to do, it would be Wladimir in the summer and Vitali in September or October," Haye told Sky Sports. "That is an ideal world, but we don't live in an ideal world.

"In a realistic world I fight a mandatory challenger, whether that be Chagaev or Povetkin, we are working on that at the moment. I can't give you an answer at the moment as I don't know myself. After that there will be a fight in September or October, against hopefully Wladimir. If he wants to do it, I am ready to do it. I have said that. Let's get the fight on. That will be it, it will be knocking him out and taking his belts and then giving them back. There will be two more fights and that is it."

"I've got the desire and the hunger for Wladimir. Vitali hasn't really done any videos about wanting to fight me. People don't come up to me and ask 'when are you going to fight Vitali.' They ask 'when are you going to fight Wladimir, I saw Wladimir on this TV show calling you out.' The Lennox Lewis fight was a long time ago. Wladimir I think is the more athletic of the two and he's the one who's been calling me out. If I fight Vitali, people will say 'you're ducking Wladimir.' He's younger and he's got all the belts, [people will say] 'why are you going after his older brother who's 40.' Wladimir is the one who I've got the beef with. He's the one that I want to fight," Haye said.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

David Haye: I've got the desire and the hunger for Wladimir. There's bad blood

By Terence Dooley

David Haye has told Sky's Ringside show that Wlad and Vitali Klistchko need him in order to cement their legacies. Haye is engaged in a bitter feud with the younger Klitschko brother, citing bad blood on both sides when asked why he has not been as vocal about a showdown with WBC boss Vitali. "I have told Adam [booth] what I want," stressed Haye when declaring that Wlad is his dream opponent.

"It sounds so simple. If they want to fight why wait? Why is Wladimir having a warm-up fight (against Derek Chisora) if he's so confident? I've been to Germany once already when I won the (WBA heavyweight) title. I am tried and tested in travelling and winning. I've done the whole thing of trying to embarrass them into fights, they either want it or they don't. I've called them out so many different times now."

He added, "I don't know if it is a money thing. Wlad didn't like getting knocked out by Corrie Sanders, he doesn't like fast guys who come at him. I've got the desire and the hunger for Wladimir. There's bad blood. He needs me for his legacy."

Haye, 25-1 (23), heaped praise on compatriot Carl Froch, pointing to the Nottingham man's fighting spirit as something that is lacking in prospective heavyweight opponents. He said, "People underrate him but people in the game, and in America, they all love Carl Froch. Everyone loved that Jermain Taylor fight. He fights the best of the best and it is a shame that I haven't got those five or six guys (in the heavyweight division). I sparred Carl in my amateur days. We were both like minded people and both thought we were the best."

"We're completely different fighters," he said when asked who is the better boxer. "I'd love to go down to super-middle and have him come to heavyweight to test me! When we sparred, I have to say that it was pretty even. I always had a bit of weight on him. Put us together and you'd get a great fight, a technical draw!"

"Alexander Povetkin is very good. He did really well to win the Olympics and it would be a nice story if he manages to become my mandatory if I can't fight Chagaev, it will be a great fight," revealed Haye when asked about his next move.

"Wladimir in the Summer and Vitali in September, in an ideal world," joked Haye as he pondered his immediate future. "In the realistic world, I will fight my mandatory challenger and then fight in September, hopefully against Wladimir, if he wants to do it - I'm ready, let's get it on."

As a student of the Heavyweight division, it is frustrating to see one of the most naturally talented fighters since Muhammad Ali not in the fights - regardless of whose fault - I want to see the fights as a fan of the division.

I think (with fingers crossed) we are headed for Haye vs a Klitschko in the autumn, which one depends on who fights Adamek - the one left will fight Haye.

I personally don't think Wlad wants the fight - he fears getting Ko'd so will send in his tougher (mentally and physically) brother Vitali. Trouble is that if Haye beats Vitali then the haters will say he's an old man. Still, you can only beat who will fight you and Wlad is already trying to rule himself out for the whole of 2011 in bouts that don't make anywhere near the same money.

His excuse on Ringside, is that "the big fights just aren't there" (to emulate Froch's run of opponents).

I disagree....imagine he had the bollocks to face; Adamek, Solis, Povetkin, Wlad and Vitali...? Or even some of the fringe guys.

It's one thing to say the division is weak, but it's another thing entirely to feast on the bottom-feeders all the way.

His excuse on Ringside, is that "the big fights just aren't there" (to emulate Froch's run of opponents).

I disagree....imagine he had the bollocks to face; Adamek, Solis, Povetkin, Wlad and Vitali...? Or even some of the fringe guys.

It's one thing to say the division is weak, but it's another thing entirely to feast on the bottom-feeders all the way.

I agree that he wouldn't fight that roster (or Booth wouldn't let him) but could anyone on this planet get a Super 6 tournament signed at Heavyweight? I highly doubt it and if there is someone then they should run the sport.

True, I'm still bitter about the Audley fight I guess.

I used to sing Haye's praises a hell of a lot, but that's a major blemish he can't undo imo.

Never mind arguing over the April/July dates, he could and should have made the Wlad fight between the Ruiz fight and now.

If his run went: Valuev, Ruiz, Wlad, Chagaev, Vitali, then he could retire with his head held high, but when the mediocre opponents in that run are now the best he has to show, it's not a good reflection on him.

True, I'm still bitter about the Audley fight I guess.

I used to sing Haye's praises a hell of a lot, but that's a major blemish he can't undo imo.

Never mind arguing over the April/July dates, he could and should have made the Wlad fight between the Ruiz fight and now.

If his run went: Valuev, Ruiz, Wlad, Chagaev, Vitali, then he could retire with his head held high, but when the mediocre opponents in that run are now the best he has to show, it's not a good reflection on him.

I agree mate, this has to be his best year by far. Chagaev or Povetkin then a Klitschko - there is no room for the Rahmans of the World.

I have upto now given Haye a pass because I always believed he should move up in weight and follow what Holyfield did ( a fair few fights before the main). Well, Haye has had the grounding fights and now needs to finish big if he truly plans to retire this year.

As a former fan of Haye, he's let me down big time. I know a lot of others who have felt hard done by him, as well. I don't give a monkeys what he does from here on out. A Povetkin fight would be interesting to a certain extent, but I don't believe he's retiring next year. Otherwise, what's the point of sticking around now? To fight more Harrison's? Those fights won't make him as much money as Klit fights. He's obviously going to spout a crap excuse about not retiring next year.

He has no intention of fighting either of them, and never has, he is just talking yet again about the brothers. Everyone apart from blind Haye fans knows that either brother can switch him off, with one shot at any time in a fight.

The problem is now Haye has suddenly realised it too, which is why he keeps ducking out of negotiations, and mouthing off in the media. His limit is the kind of bugs and earwigs, and old men he has been fighting. He should stick to his own calibre, nick as much money as possible from his gullible fans until even they get sick of it, then fuck off.

haye wont even fight a B- (and thats kind...) fighter like arreola. in fact, arreola-haye is an even fight. haye has ZERO chance against either klitschko, never has had a chance never will.

of course the point is moot, haye wont fight one of them anyways

That is exactly the crux of the matter. David Haye simply knows he has zero chance against either brother, so when it gets to a point where there are only days, or even hours away from signing the contract, he runs to friendly media men, and starts spouting off. There will always be some hack that will quote him, and he knows it.

Chagaev or Povetkin are B- and certainly better than Cris Arreola.

Arreola is overated, some how HBO showed loads of his fights and cause he has good power people got excited about him, Klitschko made him look like a novice.

Chageav and Povetkin are better, Arreola may have power advantage but in terms of skill and skill they are better.

Chagaev or Povetkin are B- and certainly better than Cris Arreola.

Arreola is overated, some how HBO showed loads of his fights and cause he has good power people got excited about him, Klitschko made him look like a novice.

Chageav and Povetkin are better, Arreola may have power advantage but in terms of skill and skill they are better.

Chagaev was made to look like a gutless novice by Wlad at least Arreola tried to put up a fight. Arreola got HBO interest because he's got a decent following, something Chagaev doesn't have, and a fan friendly style (not the most skillful but rather easy and fun to watch)