Donaire vs Montiel - any interest in this fight at all?

donlevy

Outside of Pacquiao/Mayweather and Klitschko/Haye,this is about as great a match you can make in boxing right now.Two elite fighters on the top of game actually fighting one another.

I still need to watch more of Montiel,but I've been impressed from what I've seen of him already.Donaire is of course a brilliant talent that has lacked the names on his resume to go along with his skills.This is a career defining fight for both of them.

very interested in this fight. donaire is very overrated IMO because his competition has been incredibly weak outside of darchinyan, but i feel he may have the skills and to live up to his hype.

montiel is on a roll though, like iam said.

i look for a competitive fight, probably leaning toward donaire because i think his speed will be the difference.

Brilliant fight - gutted it's not being screened over here in Britain.

I feel that Montiel is one of the most talented fighters in world boxing and doesn't get the praise that he deserves. Wonderful little fighter.

I also rate Donaire - I think he's the bollocks. I don't think he has faced the same challenges as Montiel but I would disagree that he has a weak record. Darchinyan has been in there with the best and nobody has tanned his arse like Donaire did. Sidorenko has been a top rated fighter for years but was recently brushed aside by Donaire. Rafael Concepcion and Maldonado are also useful and were beaten comfortably which suggests to me that we still haven't seen the Fillipino in top gear yet.

Donaire seems to be the clear betting favourite which I find a little bit surprising. As far as I'm concerned this is a 50/50 fight.

Brilliant fight - gutted it's not being screened over here in Britain.

I feel that Montiel is one of the most talented fighters in world boxing and doesn't get the praise that he deserves. Wonderful little fighter.

I also rate Donaire - I think he's the bollocks. I don't think he has faced the same challenges as Montiel but I would disagree that he has a weak record. Darchinyan has been in there with the best and nobody has tanned his arse like Donaire did. Sidorenko has been a top rated fighter for years but was recently brushed aside by Donaire. Rafael Concepcion and Maldonado are also useful and were beaten comfortably which suggests to me that we still haven't seen the Fillipino in top gear yet.

Donaire seems to be the clear betting favourite which I find a little bit surprising. As far as I'm concerned this is a 50/50 fight.

Concepcion and Maldonado were both beaten quicker by Montiel. In fact I don't see Concepcion as a good win at all personally.

Sydorenko was a good win as was Moruti Mthalane. But beating guys like Vargas, Marquez and I'll again again say Concepcion, can't be looked on well.