Barrera vs Arias fight report *Spoilers*

WelshDevilRob

Barrera destroys Arias

Mexican ring legend Marco Antonio Barrera (67-7, 43 KOs) moved a step closer to becoming the first Mexican fighter to win a world title in four weight divisions on Saturday night at the Coliseo Olimpico at the Universidad de Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Barrera scored a second round TKO over Jose Arias (15-2, 9 KOs) in a junior welterweight bout to set up a world title challenge in the lightweight division later this year. The aggressive Arias was floored by Barrera in the first 30 seconds, as the “Baby-Faced Assassin” connected with a counter shot. Barrera scored another knockdown early in round two and the clash was stopped later that round. Time was 2:29.

Super featherweight Martin Honorio (29-5-1, 15 KOs) floored Adrian Tellez (11-7-1, 8 KOs) in round three and got the stoppage with his follow up barrage. Time was 1:22.

In an upset, unheralded super flyweight Jonathan Ramos (7-8-2, 3 KOs) won an eight round unanimous decision over David Gaspar (16-3-1, 9 KOs). Scores were 78-74, 79-73, 77-75.

Source:

www.fightnews.com

Barrera Says He's Ready For a Title Shot Next

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Guadalajara, Jalisco - Marco Antonio Barrera won Saturday's bout in the manner that he wanted. He stopped Jose Arias in the second round of a junior welterweight bout at the Coliseum Olympico. Barrera (67-7, 44 KOs) returned after a layoff of eight months. Arias (15-2, 9 KOs) went down in each of the two rounds. Barrera wants to get a title shot in his next fight. He wants to become the first Mexican to win four titles in four weight divisions.

"It was important for me to get in the ring again and I felt better than I expected after being out for so many months, which is not good for me, but I felt very good the entire time. Now I'm requesting to get the opportunity to fight for a fourth world title," Barrera said.