Roy Jones Jnr - Health Problems

WelshDevilRob

By Mark Vester

At the end point of Roy Jones Jr.'s 21-year boxing career that spanned four weight divisions, he took some big hits and suffered two vicious knockouts at the hands of Antonio Tarver and Glen Johnson. Now, at age 42, Jones is attempting to fix the damage caused by the punches that caught him in the last couple of years.

According to Jones, he started having trouble with his balance in the aftermath of his back to back knockouts to Tarver and Johnson in 2004.

"I started having to work to keep my balance, and I wasn't liking it all," Jones said to WTAE. "So for the last four or five years, I had been looking for someone or somebody to reverse the effects that punches had on me."

Jones is getting treatmenet in Pennsylvania at the North Hills chiropractic practice of Dr. Charles Simkovich. The doctor's methods of healing brian damage has brought him a long list of clients from two of more physical sports, boxing and football.

"Any blow to the head can cause damage to the way the brain is functioning, or the cumulative affect of small blows to the head," Simkovich said. "If this is rehabilitated -- the cranial bone movement -- the brain can actually heal. And that's why I'm getting all these retired NFL players and boxers in here who are experiencing different issues, which are now correctable."

He's deluded if he thinks he can "sort out what went wrong and make it better". What went wrong is that he became old and was no longer as good as he was in his prime. A bit like a woman who was a stunner when she was 20 and now she's 50 and looks like a shriveled up old hag. That's what happens to us all. Roy needs to get real and know that you only get ONE prime in your life and his has long past him by.

He's deluded if he thinks he can "sort out what went wrong and make it better". What went wrong is that he became old and was no longer as good as he was in his prime. A bit like a woman who was a stunner when she was 20 and now she's 50 and looks like a shriveled up old hag. That's what happens to us all. Roy needs to get real and know that you only get ONE prime in your life and his has long past him by.

Jeez im not looking forward to hitting 50 if thats what happens mlol/

Don't worry, i read that men are meant to get better looking as they get older. No idea who claimed that though mlol/

Don't worry, i read that men are meant to get better looking as they get older. No idea who claimed that though mlol/

A man probably lol//

I'm somewhat surprised that one can treat the effects of cumulative blows to the brain. Have to say that I have never heard of this before. That said, I doubted Holyfield when he had his heart problem rectified by a faith healer, but he climbed back through the ropes (several times) afterwards. I'm ready to be proved wrong again.