Why is Adamek getting a pass for fighting bums?

WelshDevilRob

He keeps his mouth shut, keeps active and has signed to fight Klitschko...3 things Haye doesn't seem to do

Didn't mention Haye.

Fighting bums gets him a shot? he could fight chumps like McBride every week - how is that a creditable thing?

Haye is always mentioned

Adamek isnt a draw thats why he fights all the time, yer he can get 12k crowds but he isnt that exciting.

I dont like that he is fighting bums, only decent guy he beat was Arreola and he hardly beat him with Arreola injured for 10 rounds.

I saw you in another topic mentioning Haye haters ;-) I'm assuming I'm one of those. The McBride fight was signed AFTER the title shot, but beating a highly ranked contender (Arreola) helps get you a shot, as does signing for it...

OK, easy mistake to make.

I wanna talk about Adamek - hence the title.

Beating Arreola was good but has he done anything else?

No he hasn't done anything else, he's fighting utter shite, as I have been quite keen to point out when he's signed for the likes of Grant, Maddalone and McBride. But as has been said, he's not a wporld champion at the moment, and I've never seen him say much at all, he's just been getting on with fighting, so if he wants to piss away his career I suppose it's his decision.

He has a name alot of people recognized. He has a following in the US, he does fight here and live here, I think.

There is not a lot of talent, that could be one thing. He was successful at cruiser. Made Arreola look like shite! He stays busy acclimating the the heavy division. Even though the comp should be steadily increased and not marginalized them

In a sense he is getting a pass..., but it a mix of a lot of little things that let him slip through the cracks.

I've always liked the Adamek vs Haye match up!

I want to see it more than any Klit bro fight.

I have to agree with Scott.

Adamek hasn't fought the best at HW, that is a given. But, he has beaten Arreola who i don't think Haye would risk getting into a fight with.

As Scott says though: He remains active, he keeps his mouth shut and head down and he has agreed to fight one of the Klitschkos. And he has agreed to fight them on THEIR terms because he respects the fact that HE is a nobody and THEY are the champs.

Talking of being active, once Adamek fights McBride in April, he'd have fought 6 HW bouts in 18 months. By the time Haye fights in May, he would have fought 4 times in that period.

Haye would also have fought just 8 times in 4 years (since April 2007). In that same time, Adamek would have fought 13 times.

The good thing about Adamek is that the "bums" he fights (which I wouldn't dispute) are mixed in with good quality matchups, in what is a very active career for a heavyweight.

If a fight with McBride was sold as a key fight in his year, then there would be far more of a backlash.

The fact he had already signed to face one of the Klits, then took this as a "keep-busy" fight between now and then, means there's little to complain about.

It's better than sitting on his title shot for 7 months straight and just waiting for things to happen.

The comparison with Haye is easy to make, because he has been getting a lot of negativity and skepticism for fighting low-calibre opponents, but the difference, as I pointed out, is that Adamek has already beaten a more dangerous heavyweight opponent in Arreola, and found it easy to sign to face the Klitschko's. On the flip side of the coin, Haye's fighting once or twice a year, and opponents like Audley Harrison are not acceptable for that level of activity. He's also making a soap-opera of contract negotiations, which alongside the Manny vs Floyd ongoing negotiations is very off-putting to boxing fans.

Focusing solely on Adamek, the guy has ambition, and while it would be great to see it tested every single fight, I don't have any problem with him facing a couple of nonsense fighters now and again, when he manages to land significant fights along the way.

The Arreola win was decent but then Arreola seems to be an unproven American hype job whose best win was against Travis Walker - a man beaten and KO'd by several other people. Would Arreola beat John Ruiz? - I doubt it.

Grant, Maddalone and now McBride is taking the easiest route to a title shot. McBride is just about good enough to be a sparring partner for Audley Harrison. Adamek is ranked by many as the 3rd or 4th best Heavyweight in the division by a lot of fans and he highlights just how weak the division is. Credit for fighting Wlad but he has hardly earned a shot.

Yes Arreola would have beaten the 38 year old Ruiz that Haye got. Would he have beaten a prime Ruiz? Maybe not.

Grant and McBride are to get used to fighting bigger opponents Maddalone was a nice pay day, the same excuse used for letting Haye off with Harrison. What did Haye do to earn his shot at Valuev? Beat Barrett and shouted? What did Audley do for his shot?....

Haye did nothing to get a titleshot though the WBA had already promised him a shot when he was Cruiserweight champion.

Adamek hasn't earned a titleshot either and Grant, McBride etc could have been used as sparring partners in preparation for Wladimir's height.

I understand him fighting a completely shot Andrew Golota as it was a big fight in Poland - similar to Haye vs Harrison in the UK. Still, it was a cynical move just as Haye vs Harrison was. Easy win, big payday.

The Arreola win was decent but then Arreola seems to be an unproven American hype job whose best win was against Travis Walker - a man beaten and KO'd by several other people. Would Arreola beat John Ruiz? - I doubt it.

I was going to pull you up on this one too.

Ruiz has had 3 wins over journeymen since 2004, intertwined with 5 losses.

I have no idea how he managed to continually land title shots off the back of nothing, but Arreola would have had Ruiz out in the same fashion as Tua did imo.

Ruiz was a spent force a long long time ago.

Grant, Maddalone and now McBride is taking the easiest route to a title shot.

Easier than Bonin and Barrett, before landing a title shot? I doubt that.

Golota, Estrada, Arreola, Grant, Maddalone and now McBride, prior to a shot at the Klitschko's, isn't massively impressive, but it's volume with a bit of quality that has propelled him into a deserved shot imo.

McBride is just about good enough to be a sparring partner for Audley Harrison.

What makes you rate Harrison any more highly than McBride, or any other fighter for that matter?

He's mince, but he's on the same level as Audley, who is also mince, and if they fought tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to see McBride beating him.

Adamek is ranked by many as the 3rd or 4th best Heavyweight in the division by a lot of fans and he highlights just how weak the division is.

The fact that 2 cruiserweights are ranked 3rd and 4th best highlights the fact enough. The fact is the Klits have already cleared out most other contenders, and the others don't seem to want to fight, so he deserves respect for taking the fight, with little negotiation.

Credit for fighting Wlad but he has hardly earned a shot.

He's done a hell of a lot more than most recent heavyweight world title challengers, and that is a fact....

The WBA...the same WBA that have started creating titles to give fighters new belts (see Morales v Maidana, the Middleweight mess or the featherweight feck up (they have a regular champion, a super champion and a unified champion). Being active is doing something to get yourself a title shot, being able to sell in the US is another. Much better than shouting about how "you're the man" before you've even faced a meaningful opponent (Bonin et all aren't meaningful).

Why spar them when you can get paid to fight them in a live environment? The Grant fight was much better test than sparring him would have been, we saw Adamek hurt and need to over come adversity, wouldn't have happened with the headgear on.

In an era where few world rated fighters actually fight on a regular basis,it's possible that most will overlook Adamek's opposition based on him being such an active fighter.I don't agree with that,but perhaps that's how others would look at it.He's not really made any claims that he failed to back up as far as I know either.

I'm not really interested in either Klitschko against Adamek to be honest

I was going to pull you up on this one too.

Ruiz has had 3 wins over journeymen since 2004, intertwined with 5 losses.

I have no idea how he managed to continually land title shots off the back of nothing, but Arreola would have had Ruiz out in the same fashion as Tua did imo.

Ruiz was a spent force a long long time ago.

Grant, Maddalone and now McBride is taking the easiest route to a title shot.

Easier than Bonin and Barrett, before landing a title shot? I doubt that.

Golota, Estrada, Arreola, Grant, Maddalone and now McBride, prior to a shot at the Klitschko's, isn't massively impressive, but it's volume with a bit of quality that has propelled him into a deserved shot imo.

McBride is just about good enough to be a sparring partner for Audley Harrison.

What makes you rate Harrison any more highly than McBride, or any other fighter for that matter?

He's mince, but he's on the same level as Audley, who is also mince, and if they fought tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to see McBride beating him.

Adamek is ranked by many as the 3rd or 4th best Heavyweight in the division by a lot of fans and he highlights just how weak the division is.

The fact that 2 cruiserweights are ranked 3rd and 4th best highlights the fact enough. The fact is the Klits have already cleared out most other contenders, and the others don't seem to want to fight, so he deserves respect for taking the fight, with little negotiation.

Credit for fighting Wlad but he has hardly earned a shot.

He's done a hell of a lot more than most recent heavyweight world title challengers, and that is a fact....

Meant to reply earlier but my net is pants.

Agree Ruiz was a "spent force" hes a hasbeen though is Arreola a nerver was? I don't believe Arreola is anywhere near the ability of a young David Tua and he hasn't the same chin or power.

Whether Arreola could beat the aged version of John Ruiz that Haye did is open to debate and I don't see it as a certainty and certainly not a blowout.

McBride and Maddalone are preparing Adamek how? They don't fight anything like Klitschko and would be pointless sparring partners. Grant is fine though ain't been anywhere near the same fighter since being destryed in 2 rounds many years ago.

Adamek for me is vastly overated regardless of his rank on Boxrec or by other posters. His defense is poor, he has no power and he is taking the path of least resistance.

There is not a lot of talent...

There is not really a lot of talent in the heavy division is exactly right Rob.

Not much to compare too. It just a that when someone who "looks" like they might bring life into the division, they get the pass.

I make concessions for my fav fighters, sometimes, but basically that is what the general public is doing for Adamek.

Tua just absolutely crushes adamek!!!!!!!!!!

Arreola is not even a "Nipple" just a part of it. He's glorified crap. Ruiz was crap too but...., he would punch and grab you to death, therefor beating, drumroll please, "Part of a nipple"

I'm so funny. lol

Keep your Day Job, Edsel grin//

Oh I will dave..., lol