Hayemaker wins bids for Groves v Degale

iamasadlittleboy

I like Groves and think he's a class act and i hope he goes far with his career. But, IMO, DeGale is the best prospect in the WORLD and not just in the UK. I think DeGale can go all the way to the top and beyond.

Bold statement Londoner i guess time well tell if your right. But right now is he better than Saul Alvarez , Cleverly (if we still can class them as a prospects)? Kell Brook?

Degale has came on lots since his first professional fight were he was very amateurish. He defo looks as if he could be something special but there's a lot of better fighters out there hes still to meet the likes of Bute , Dirrell, Froch, Ward, Pavlik,Kessler Abraham. Hes in a tough division, might be hard to make his mark in the next few years.

I like Groves and think he's a class act and i hope he goes far with his career. But, IMO, DeGale is the best prospect in the WORLD and not just in the UK. I think DeGale can go all the way to the top and beyond.

Bold statement Londoner i guess time well tell if your right. But right now is he better than Saul Alvarez , Cleverly (if we still can class them as a prospects)? Kell Brook?

Degale has came on lots since his first professional fight were he was very amateurish. He defo looks as if he could be something special but there's a lot of better fighters out there hes still to meet the likes of Bute , Dirrell, Froch, Ward, Pavlik,Kessler Abraham. Hes in a tough division, might be hard to make his mark in the next few years.

Alvarez and Cleverly aren't prospects anymore (as you suggested). They've had far too many fights and are on the verge of World title shots because of their marching up the ladder.

DeGale is on the verge of a World title shot, not because of the amount of fights he has had or the fact he "deserves" one, but because he is so good, they're pretty much saying: "Mate, you might as well have one now. You're only going to get better anyway".

So IMO, he's the best prospect in the UK but also the World. As you say though, only time will tell. This is why it's important to emphasise the "prospect" part of that statement.